Evil Dead Apparel | Officially Licensed Thread

Fright Rags has a new wave of Evil Dead Rise merch coming on June 25.
PCUamJd.jpeg
 
Ooh, those look good!
 
The new Evil Dead Rise line is live! Here is the artwork in-full.
5HoYTq4.jpeg
LVUzPOl.jpeg

Zachary Jackson Brown was cool enough to post the concept art for his shirt to his Instagram.
XKmPxdL.jpeg
sRyO5KW.jpeg
4ebmp1A.jpeg
V5FMJLp.jpeg

And I also found the sketches for his AOD shirt.
8fpwrG1.jpeg
ROKgn93.jpeg
 
Probably gonna snag the EDR one on the right in time!
 
Just asked Fright Rags if there was anymore Evil Dead stuff in the pipeline for this year, and unfortunately they said no, but they are going to release more reprints next year. Here's hoping they've renegotiated for the Ash vs Evil Dead series in honor of the 10th anniversary...
 
God, I can't believe it's been ten years already...
 
Fright Rags is re-releasing their The Evil Dead photo trading cards for a PREVIEWS exclusive.
Celebrate the Sam Raimi cult classic film Evil Dead with this all-new, retro-style trading card set! The PREVIEWS Exclusive Evil Dead 24-Pack Hobby Box by Fright-Rags features a full set that includes 68 base cards, 7 character cards, and 1 checklist. Look out for 9 sticker designs and 6 art parallel cards (identical to the base cards but with different colored borders) as random inserts! In addition, collectors have the chance to find chase cards, including Puzzle Pieces (Odds 1:1), Foil Cards (Odds 1:4), Lenticular Cards (Odds 1:12), and the rare Metal Card (Odds 1:96). Bring some of the terrifying and iconic moments from Evil Dead to your trading card collection today!
2VrA3Sp.jpeg
So these are out (saw them at my LCS last week when I picked up AOD Forever #13, but passed because I have the old set) and as someone on Reddit found out the hard way... apparently there's a printing error on both the front and back the new version of the Ash character card.
10RTWdA.jpeg
TiHIqOT.jpeg

"Who the hell are you?!?"
"Name's Lorem." *twirls gun* "Ipsum."
 
I just laughed so hard I inhaled my dinner, oh my God that's a great misprint.
 
Just heard about this company that has an officially licensed Evil Dead 2 clothing line. Don't know how long it's been out, but all the stuff says 2024. Some neat designs, but the one reuses artwork from Evil Dead: The Game and another is that cover from HorrorHound's ED2 retrospective issue...
EDIT: Apparently this line launched on October 31st, so it's only a few days old...
9ZK5Kuo.jpeg
VbM1kZk.jpeg
cj001XA.jpeg
2aYMURY.jpeg
3GsIykF.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Yet another all-horror themed apparel company has the Army of Darkness license. I really don't know how long this company has been making AOD stuff, but they've recently launched a print on demand service (like Fright Rags), which is how I heard about them. Pretty neat designs, and I think I might pick up a few while we're waiting for Fright Rags to re-release their older stuff next year.
9KTw3Pc.jpeg
NqyS9m0.jpeg
76wWiTO.jpeg
3DX2NOn.jpeg
JlnXRFH.jpeg
fMBO2YD.jpeg
 
I like how they seem to be giving the spotlight to evil Ash, it's a nice change of pace from the usual designs.

Evil Ash is taking his rightful place in the forefront, and I have been playing him a lot more in Evil Dead: The Game decimating groups of survivors... but I do like the white shirt the best. I'm still waiting for a line of Arthur, Henry the Red, and Sheila hero shirts.
 
Gonna have to grab the second one!
 
Teaser on Fright Rags Instagram features a clip of The Evil Dead! My "preview" e-mail doesn't mention it for January, so maybe next month we'll be getting reprints or new stuff!
 
So, completely out of the blue yesterday, I had Zachary Jackson Brown leave a comment on my Reddit post of his Evil Dead 2 shirt artwork (since he recently joined there and searched for results about himself), so I took the opportunity to ask him about working on Evil Dead shirts:

I do have one question though: I read your post about the Terminator license not having Arnold's likeness, and I know Bruce's likeness is a guarantee for all of the films, but what about the other cast of AOD? I saw you used Sheila (which is a bit rare outside of merch just using the poster artwork), and figured there might be some loophole with using her Deadite form...?

Great question! So Bruce actually has final approval over all of his likenesses. Meaning both he and the studio have to approve any new merch featuring his face. Deadites or other creatures are free game as they would be considered more of a “character” in the film, less so resembling an actual actor. I think it comes down to what kind of contract they had with each studio. There are some properties where any actors likeness is fair game. Like Heather O’Rourke can be used for Poltergeist 2 and 3, but oddly not the 1st film.

Gotcha. So did they ("they" meaning any of the Evil Dead licensors you've worked with) explicitly give you rules saying "don't use anyone but Ash", or is it just generally accepted that Ash is the main focus and/or more likely to sell if it's just him?

Oh pretty much all characters for the evil dead franchise are fair game. Ash is of course a focal point, but I used a lot of characters in my army of darkness design. Bruce is extremely picky about his likeness though. The face in this design was actually a redo per his request.
 
Fright Rags has revealed the new wave of stuff, now called "The Evil Dead Franchise Collection": a new The Evil Dead VHS shirt (which I will definitely be grabbing), a Deadite Ash Evil Dead 2 souvenir cup, a Steven Rhodes "My First Necronomicon" shirt, and two pocket notebooks.
 
Yeah, that VHS ad shirt is great. It's cool to see them finally trying out some more creative designs rather than just repeating the same ol' tired images over and over again. The pocket notebooks are pretty cool too.
 
I think that Necronomicon pocket notebook is a restock. I'm pretty sure I had one of those from Fright Rags a couple years back.
 
Top Bottom