Evil Dead Apparel | Officially Licensed Thread

Making a separate thread for this company since apparently they're not slowing on their officially licensed Evil Dead 2 merch any time soon. Today they revealed a mini collection of new stuff, including a black variant replica of the rare white Evil Dead 2 crew shirt, a faux Evil Dead 2 crew hat (which as far as I know isn't based on a real thing), a Henrietta banner, and a Henrietta shirt.

Henrietta Banner
CPXEn3F.jpeg

Evil Dead 2 Film Crew Hat (also crazy that they're using ED1's original "Book of The Dead" logo for a hat based on ED2, but I guess all's fair now that StudioCanal has ED1's merch rights)
XJ0RgEr.jpeg
X5u80g4.jpeg
pzfC687.jpeg

Evil Dead 2 Film Crew Replica T-Shirt
Dz1ciR6.jpeg

Evil Dead 2 Deadite Henrietta T-Shirt
QRMRTaA.jpeg
lhmivwZ.jpeg

I also have it on good authority that a full-fledged new ED2 collection will drop in January, and that this is just a very small sampling of what they have planned.
 
Here's a bunch of random MoB stuff that is no longer available.
Necronomicon Book Vault
4qTs4i6.jpeg

Necronomicon Ceramic Tiki Mug (with limited edition variants)
X3tP9br.jpeg
M9HRY51.jpeg

Scarf
OWeuub4.jpeg

Christmas Sweater 1
r5BXzxz.jpeg

Japanese Reversible Jacket
zjv16EN.jpeg

Shorts
4XBsT2e.jpeg

Shirts 1 & 2
fVwGkjr.jpeg
XIYZgN8.jpeg

Necronomicon Sleeve Wallet (which is different from the Necronomicon wallet they currently have)
yw158tn.jpeg
 
Making a separate thread for this company since apparently they're not slowing on their officially licensed Evil Dead 2 merch any time soon. Today they revealed a mini collection of new stuff, including a black variant replica of the rare white Evil Dead 2 crew shirt, a faux Evil Dead 2 crew hat (which as far as I know isn't based on a real thing), a Henrietta banner, and a Henrietta shirt.

Henrietta Banner
CPXEn3F.jpeg

Evil Dead 2 Film Crew Hat (also crazy that they're using ED1's original "Book of The Dead" logo for a hat based on ED2, but I guess all's fair now that StudioCanal has ED1's merch rights)
XJ0RgEr.jpeg
X5u80g4.jpeg
pzfC687.jpeg

Evil Dead 2 Film Crew Replica T-Shirt
Dz1ciR6.jpeg

Evil Dead 2 Deadite Henrietta T-Shirt
QRMRTaA.jpeg
lhmivwZ.jpeg

I also have it on good authority that a full-fledged new ED2 collection will drop in January, and that this is just a very small sampling of what they have planned.
Thanks for sharing these. I'm only getting 'Content not viewable in your region' so here's the link to this merch.

 
Older Fright Rags ED2 and AOD designs I stumbled across. Not available in the reprint program (yet).
QkwmYGf.jpeg
ENgJI2H.jpeg
wUQY4Kd.jpeg
 
Bought a vallet from them like 7 years ago and it's still looking good. My only issue with it is that it has no pocket for coins. If they'd ever make a version with that, I'd definitely upgrade.

nYBayi5.jpeg
 
Cavity Colors felt the need to e-mail me about restocking their ED2 sweatpants (didn't ask, but whatever), so now I pass this pivotal information along to the masses! They've also got a holiday sale going on right now, and some (not all) of their Evil Dead stuff is included.
ED2joggersblackstring.jpg
 
Fright Rags has put out a teaser video for the IPs they are working with in 2026... with THE EVIL DEAD and EVIL DEAD 2013 featured! I had been praying for 2013 stuff from them!
 
Hot off the heels of Fright Rags' announcement, Gutter Garbs announces that they too will be releasing an EVIL DEAD 2013 collection! They go on sale this Monday (January 12th)!
 
So nothing new?
I don't think so. I think it's just a standard re-release of that one design, but also the option to have it as a Comfort Colors shirt and maybe a hoodie?
 
Gutter Garbs' Evil Dead 2013 collection is now live! To be perfectly honest, I'm kinda disappointed with all these except for the Sam Coyne design (the first one). They all use the same two promotional images: Mia walking away (which wasn't even in the final cut of the movie!) and Olivia cutting her face. That, and they're doing the same thing that made me hate the Studio House Designs' official 2013 shirts that came out last year: plastering that damn "THE MOST TERRIFYING FILM YOU WILL EVER EXPERIENCE" tagline all over. Like, is there some sort of licensing stipulation that the poster tagline MUST be featured somewhere on there?
u1EJLkE.jpeg
dtWuKoz.jpeg
5R5GzmF.jpeg
kpssbVk.jpeg
GkkxhxV.jpeg
SaVetAh.jpeg
 
Yeah. If I was a bigger fan of the movie, I'd take the first shirt. But the other designs are kinda meh.

Though it's a bit disappointing that since they chose to show only the deadites from the movie, it means that the design doesn't have David on it.
 
Though it's a bit disappointing that since they chose to show only the deadites from the movie, it means that the design doesn't have David on it.
David did technically become a Deadite in that deleted scene, but I'm thinking that they may not have the likeness rights to the human versions. We're gonna have to wait and see if the Fright Rags designs do the same thing, and then we'll know what the deal is.
 
David did technically become a Deadite in that deleted scene, but I'm thinking that they may not have the likeness rights to the human versions. We're gonna have to wait and see if the Fright Rags designs do the same thing, and then we'll know what the deal is.
Wouldn't they just have rights for the whole movie? I didn't know it could get that specific.

If I remember correctly, you can only see his Deadite eyes just before he dies in the extended version of the film.
 
Wouldn't they just have rights for the whole movie? I didn't know it could get that specific.
Putting full likeness rights into actors' contracts is a relatively recent thing. With all the Evil Dead films, you can circumvent paying any sort of royalties by using the Deadite version of a character since those versions are so make-up heavy or disfigured, thus hiding the actor or actresses' face. Like, I know for a fact that if you wanted to do anything with The Terminator license (for any of the movies), that Arnold Schwarzenegger's likeness is off-limits unless you want to pay his insane fee for it, but you can use Linda Hamilton's likeness for Sarah Connor no problem.
 
Putting full likeness rights into actors' contracts is a relatively recent thing. With all the Evil Dead films, you can circumvent paying any sort of royalties by using the Deadite version of a character since those versions are so make-up heavy or disfigured, thus hiding the actor or actresses' face. Like, I know for a fact that if you wanted to do anything with The Terminator license (for any of the movies), that Arnold Schwarzenegger's likeness is off-limits unless you want to pay his insane fee for it, but you can use Linda Hamilton's likeness for Sarah Connor no problem.
Very interesting, thanks for the explanation!

I guess it would also explain why in Terminator Resistance nobody looks like their movie counterparts, except for Robert Patrick who they put there as an easter egg without the actor's knowledge, let alone permission.

I always thought that you can use like promotional images and stuff, that should already be owned by the studio/distributor, and that all the t-shirt illustrations would be based on those. But I guess it doesn't work that way.
 
Top Bottom