Evil Dead Auctions Listings (memorabilia, props, Ebay etc.)

Swofty link said:
This one's  .... wow .... I've got a print out of the last time this trailer print was on the market. If you've got any money left SeeNoEvil ..  :wink

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-EVIL-DEAD-1981-HORROR-CLASSIC-Vintage-35MM-MOVIE-THEATER-TRAILER-Rare-/311363064093?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487eaf511d
I got it, paid more than I would have liked, but there you go. Will get it properly transferred to 1080p Blu-Ray when it arrives, and I think I'm right in saying that this will be the only 1080p HD transfer of the original theatrical trailer available anywhere in the world? It isn't in HD on the US The Evil Dead (Limited Edition) Blu-Ray, just SD.
 
SeeNoEvil link said:
[quote author=Swofty link=topic=826.msg9434#msg9434 date=1432241309]
This one's  .... wow .... I've got a print out of the last time this trailer print was on the market. If you've got any money left SeeNoEvil ..  :wink

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-EVIL-DEAD-1981-HORROR-CLASSIC-Vintage-35MM-MOVIE-THEATER-TRAILER-Rare-/311363064093?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487eaf511d
I got it, paid more than I would have liked, but there you go. Will get it properly transferred to 1080p Blu-Ray when it arrives, and I think I'm right in saying that this will be the only 1080p HD transfer of the original theatrical trailer available anywhere in the world? It isn't in HD on the US The Evil Dead (Limited Edition) Blu-Ray, just SD.
[/quote]

:cool :cool :cool .... nice one mate!
 
Swofty link said:
[quote author=SeeNoEvil link=topic=826.msg9439#msg9439 date=1432623613]
[quote author=Swofty link=topic=826.msg9434#msg9434 date=1432241309]
This one's  .... wow .... I've got a print out of the last time this trailer print was on the market. If you've got any money left SeeNoEvil ..  :wink

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-EVIL-DEAD-1981-HORROR-CLASSIC-Vintage-35MM-MOVIE-THEATER-TRAILER-Rare-/311363064093?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487eaf511d
I got it, paid more than I would have liked, but there you go. Will get it properly transferred to 1080p Blu-Ray when it arrives, and I think I'm right in saying that this will be the only 1080p HD transfer of the original theatrical trailer available anywhere in the world? It isn't in HD on the US The Evil Dead (Limited Edition) Blu-Ray, just SD.
[/quote]

:cool :cool :cool .... nice one mate!
[/quote]

Have phoned round a few companies this morning and I'll be getting a 2K scan of the film done in DPX format once I get it, and from that I can re-encode it to 1080p Blu-Ray, DVD or whatever. Costs £120 all together, but that includes them cleaning the film, postage & VAT too.
 
have you been tempted to play the film on your projector yet or is it too fragile ?
 
EvilDeadChainsaws said:
Swofty link said:
This one's  .... wow .... I've got a print out of the last time this trailer print was on the market. If you've got any money left SeeNoEvil ..  :wink

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-EVIL-DEAD-1981-HORROR-CLASSIC-Vintage-35MM-MOVIE-THEATER-TRAILER-Rare-/311363064093?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487eaf511d
I got it, paid more than I would have liked, but there you go. Will get it properly transferred to 1080p Blu-Ray when it arrives, and I think I'm right in saying that this will be the only 1080p HD transfer of the original theatrical trailer available anywhere in the world? It isn't in HD on the US The Evil Dead (Limited Edition) Blu-Ray, just SD.

:cool :cool :cool .... nice one mate!

Have phoned round a few companies this morning and I'll be getting a 2K scan of the film done in DPX format once I get it, and from that I can re-encode it to 1080p Blu-Ray, DVD or whatever. Costs £120 all together, but that includes them cleaning the film, postage & VAT too.

The Evil Dead 2K scan is now online for download, see BookOfTheDead.ws for more info.
 
Amsterdam, for around a week. (Possibly travelling outside, as well.)

This is my 40th year so I thought I would do a bit of travelling. As I have a friend in Holland (a Polish friend, just to be confusing) who has repeatedly invited me, I thought this time, why not?  I originally planned to just stay 2-3 days, then travel further affield at some point in the year. Possibly jaguar spotting in the Panenau, or going to India, Sri-Lanka or Thailand (not all of these...) but certain factors suggest that this will be unlikely, although I don't rule it out completely.  So I decided to extend my stay in Holland instead.

I can always go to these other places in other years. Nothing really that special abou 40 anyway, but it's a wake up call to go out and do something before it's too late.*

* I don't suffer from a terminal illness. I'm just.. you know... 40. Heh.
 
I've just been given 9 Army of Darkness limited edition signed trading cards as follows :D :

1. Hand drawn sketch card that looks like a Nick Bradshaw original, unsigned
2. Re-print art by Greg Land of Ash, signed, 116/300
3. Re-print art by James Kuhoric, signed, 162/500
4. Re-print art by Aaron Lopretsi, signed, 101/275
5. Photograph of mini Ash's, signed by Bruce Thomas, 1329/1550
6. Photograph of wise man, signed by Ian Abercrombie, 93/300
7. Photograph of wise man 2, signed by Ian Abercrombie, 213/300
8. Photograph of Henry the Red, signed by Richard Grove, 26/515
9. Re-print art of the Book of the Dead, signed by Andy Hartnell, 126/300

@ Elise and MaidOfKandar,  you both seem to know more about the Evil Dead comic art scene .... can you tell me any more about the artists please and a possible estimation of what these cards are worth? .. thanks in advance ...
 
Swofty said:
I've just been given 9 Army of Darkness limited edition signed trading cards as follows :D :

1. Hand drawn sketch card that looks like a Nick Bradshaw original, unsigned
2. Re-print art by Greg Land of Ash, signed, 116/300
3. Re-print art by James Kuhoric, signed, 162/500
4. Re-print art by Aaron Lopretsi, signed, 101/275
5. Photograph of mini Ash's, signed by Bruce Thomas, 1329/1550
6. Photograph of wise man, signed by Ian Abercrombie, 93/300
7. Photograph of wise man 2, signed by Ian Abercrombie, 213/300
8. Photograph of Henry the Red, signed by Richard Grove, 26/515
9. Re-print art of the Book of the Dead, signed by Andy Hartnell, 126/300

@ Elise and MaidOfKandar,  you both seem to know more about the Evil Dead comic art scene .... can you tell me any more about the artists please and a possible estimation of what these cards are worth? .. thanks in advance ...

Here's a list of all of the cards. The less there are, the more it is worth.

http://www.nslists.com/armydark.htm
 
Shall drop by with artist info soonish! Am dealing with IRL stuff that's being a bit of a pain but shall be back.
 
Swofty said:
I've just been given 9 Army of Darkness limited edition signed trading cards as follows :D :

1. Hand drawn sketch card that looks like a Nick Bradshaw original, unsigned
2. Re-print art by Greg Land of Ash, signed, 116/300
3. Re-print art by James Kuhoric, signed, 162/500
4. Re-print art by Aaron Lopretsi, signed, 101/275
5. Photograph of mini Ash's, signed by Bruce Thomas, 1329/1550
6. Photograph of wise man, signed by Ian Abercrombie, 93/300
7. Photograph of wise man 2, signed by Ian Abercrombie, 213/300
8. Photograph of Henry the Red, signed by Richard Grove, 26/515
9. Re-print art of the Book of the Dead, signed by Andy Hartnell, 126/300

@ Elise and MaidOfKandar,  you both seem to know more about the Evil Dead comic art scene .... can you tell me any more about the artists please and a possible estimation of what these cards are worth? .. thanks in advance ...

Catching back up with you, Swofty :)

1: Nick Bradshaw's card is probably the neatest to own for folks who love the franchise; he was the comic's main artist for its first three and a half arcs, and he went on to draw a lot of stuff for Marvel.  

2: Greg Land is probably the most valuable.  He's become extremely infamous in recent years, but is known for tracing (and in some cases tracing his work from pornography).  Yet he's become a main penciler on several Marvel titles.  He didn't do anything for the franchise beyond a couple of covers for Shop Til You Drop Dead.

3: James Kuhoric also did covers for Shop Til You Drop Dead, and did some stories for the AOD 1.2 issue.  He went on to do stuff for the Battlestar Galactica comic and was the main artist for Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: The Nightmare Warriors.  He also won an award for doing cover art for Kolchek the Nightstalker

4: Aaron Lopresti has done a TON of work for DC, his stuff is probably pretty valuable.  He mostly did Ashes 2 Ashes covers.

5: Bruce Thomas has gone on to do a lot of supporting work; he played one of the Ash doubles in the mini-Ash scene.  He had a major role in Kyle XY.

9: Andy Hartnell is mainly known for his work on Danger Girl, which he co-created.  I think he was the main penciler on AOD vs Danger Girl.

In addition: Nick Bradshaw is selling some original interiors from his AOD work.

And for art collectors among us, Gallery1988 has two more AOD prints: This...is my boomstick by Dan Mumford for $40 and Bruce White's black velvet Ash original for $900.
 
Thank you very much for all of that info, I knew about Nick Bradshaw but didn't have a clue about most of the others so cheers MaidOfKandar :cool: ...
 
Hmmm...good to know about the cards.

I'm not much of a trading card fan, but I did happen to acquire a full set of the AoD trading cards, in their AoD binder, several years ago. 

I have never really given much thought to their value, and to be honest, I sort of forgot about them until reading this just now as they've been in storage.

I know there are signed and sketch cards in the set, but off the top of my head I wouldn't be able to be more specific than that.

Could these trading cards actually worth something?
 
Elise should know the answer to that one :)
 
How much they are worth is pretty much related to how many there are. I've seen cards sell up to $25 each. My opinion is that the sketch cards are worth the most. The rest were made in similar quantities except certain Ian Abercrombie cards but the difference is literally 50 less made.
 
I've got two Ian cards .. I'm not in a rush to sell any of the others either though and I doubt they'll appreciate in value .. our fandom's perhaps too obscure for that ? .. perhaps the comic book freaks in the US might want them ...
 
Top Bottom