[Official Thread] Evil Dead Rise

Pft, I didn't even noticed he'd changed his Twitter profile. Oh man.
 
Was just about to post this!

She's got remake eyes versus the trad white eyes, dunno how I feel about that.
 
So yep, heavily leaning into the feel of the remake with the marketing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DyD
Here's a larger clearer photo:

evildead_rise_deadite.jpg


I was hoping for a trailer. Definite 2013 Evil Dead remake vibes. I'm edging back to cautiously optimistic.
 
Last edited:
Here's a larger clearer photo:

evildead_rise_deadite.jpg


I was hoping for a trailer. Definite 2013 Evil Dead remake vibes. I'm edging back to cautiously optimistic.

I was hoping for a trailer too...

I know it's only a picture, but it have the feel of "Sweet Home" series on Netflix...There's a scene which seems similar to this one.

I'm just guesing the deadite will trick the person through the door peep-hole...
 
Aesthetically, this is looking more and more like the remake, which does not inspire me with much confidence. I didn't like that look for the deadites in the remake and I don't like it here, there's very little personality to it. Hopefully there's a wider variety to the deadites and they don't all look the same, and at least a couple of them will have the classic white eyes. From that pic, my interest has waned even further, but I remain hopeful that a trailer might turn me around on it.
 
I'm still knocking wood because the director's previous work has been pretty good, but yeah, I do have some concerns.
 

I haven't spotted anything yet that looks like it might be something special with this film .. I might be wrong .. so far, it looks like Lee Cronin's remade Argento's DEMONS .. more accurately DEMONS 2 because that was set in a high rise and this single demon woman photo we've been thrown looks exactly like an 80's Argento/Sergio Stivaleti make up demon. I'm not holding my breath to watch this if I'm being honest.
 
Apparently they showed the Evil Dead Rise teaser at Bruce Fest:
 
Top Bottom