When Rob retweeted it I thought it was a regular tower, but when I looked closer it made me laugh so hard tears were flowing... and now I want to see what it would be like if they stacked a bunch of cabins on top of each other with the final Deadite boss at the top.
The two ladies on that poster look like an older Ripley and younger Newt characters combination from ALIENS so maybe that's what we're going to be shown?
Collider is saying it will likely be released in the first, or second quarter of 2022... and May seems like a good bet since it will be streaming exclusively on HBO Max. They seem to like releasing movies between May and June.
Is it wrong that I'm not super excited about this because Ash isn't in it? I hope it's good, but it just won't feel like Evil Dead to me without Bruce Campbell as the lead. At the very least I hope the deadites are portrayed like they were in the original trilogy rather than the TV series.
Is it wrong that I'm not super excited about this because Ash isn't in it? I hope it's good, but it just won't feel like Evil Dead to me without Bruce Campbell as the lead. At the very least I hope the deadites are portrayed like they were in the original trilogy rather than the TV series.
Her role is that of Jessica, "an 18 year old girl, who is obsessed with fashion and Instagram. Jessica loves to be the center of attention, although she is smarter than she lets on… "
Also, a more fullsome summary/logline for the film itself
"a road-weary Beth pays an overdue visit to her older sister Ellie, who is raising three kids on her own in a cramped L.A apartment. The sisters’ reunion is cut short by the discovery of a mysterious book deep in the bowels of Ellie’s building, giving rise to flesh-possessing demons, and thrusting Beth into a primal battle for survival as she is faced with the most nightmarish version of motherhood imaginable. "
So we have our traditional sibling-versus-sibling set-up here. I'm also presuming lots of dead, possessed kids. My personal jury is officially out as to whether I'm going to find whoever goes into the freaking bowels of a high rise (I'm guessing the furnace room, which feels a shade ANOES) and reads from a demonic book ridiculous, and whether or not that makes me facepalm as hard as I did when Eric ripped barbed wire and read from a book with GIANT ENGLISH WARNINGS NOT TO plastered all over it.
My personal jury is officially out as to whether I'm going to find whoever goes into the freaking bowels of a high rise (I'm guessing the furnace room, which feels a shade ANOES).
I also though the exact same thing, but being a movie...
I imagine they'll find the (also classic) cracks in the basement wall that will demolish part of the wall itself, which will reveal a secret door which, will lead to a secret room with a desk and the book. Or, same, but instead of a secret room, that will be the location of an ancient eldritch and unnamable cult where they built a high-rise on it.
I loved the 2013 remake (even if it has issues), but I'm not sure about this one. I think it's best if our expectations are low, we might be surprised by Raimi & co once again!