[Official Thread] Evil Dead Rise

I think it means that
Beth will deal with Ellie, a possessed/deadite mother
.

That's my guess too; maybe she has to protect the kids from the mother who wants them to Join Us - er, her.
 
I also though the exact same thing, but being a movie...
I imagine they'll find the (also classic) cracks in the basement wall that will demolish part of the wall itself, which will reveal a secret door which, will lead to a secret room with a desk and the book. Or, same, but instead of a secret room, that will be the location of an ancient eldritch and unnamable cult where they built a high-rise on it.

I loved the 2013 remake (even if it has issues), but I'm not sure about this one. I think it's best if our expectations are low, we might be surprised by Raimi & co once again!

I could see that happening. Strangely, I'm more intrigued by this one than Fede's remake, which I had so many issues of my own with.
 
A spoilery prop!

 
Looking at the pizza box, I think it's safe to assume that it's another stand-alone movie, not really set in the original trilogy/series 'universe'. That's why, in my visual timeline, I have linked it with the remake as a "possible link"... until they prove otherwise with a major link to any previous movie.
 
Surprised no one posted this tweet as it had me laughing my head off and makes me hopeful this film has a bit of a dark comedy edge too it. In general though, loving the vibes i'm getting from this director, the sense of humor is dead on for evil dead, though it might not be reflective of the actual product i am liking the tongue in cheek quips from him!

 
Last edited:
I appreciate LC's sense of humor too! We'll have to see what the first look trailer has in store for us.
 
I was just about to ask, how much blood did Fede say he used on the remake?
 
Top Bottom