sevenx4life
S-Mart Clerk
- Joined
- Jun 28, 2012
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake
Here is my review of the movie, read if you dare. I'll try not to spoil it, but I'll censor it in case
.
Here is my review of the movie, read if you dare. I'll try not to spoil it, but I'll censor it in case
Well I feel comfortable saying it was pretty decent. It definitely is a revision/reboot, but I think it was a little too hyped up. I'm not saying it was bad, but the back stories for most of the elements are different, so it could be an acquired taste for true Evil Dead fans. Plus the storyline gives the movie a different feel in my opinion compared to the classic. Personally, I still prefer the originals, and I think Sam Raimi should have had more of a hand in this. Even though I'm rather picky about the movie I still did enjoy it. You can still see Raimi's influence on the movie in certain aspects with cut shots, camera angles, spotty bits of humor and such. Plus you still get the whole classic storyline, being 5 teenagers in a cabin in the woods being tormented by evil that was released from a book, and of course lots of gore
. Also I have to give Fede Alvarez the credit for taking on the challenge of remaking a classic. The fact of the matter is that the original Evil Dead is one of those movies that cannot simple be remade, simply because of its cult following. In my opinion remaking this movie can either make or break a director, and he handled it very well. Just make sure you stay after the credits for one last groovy wink ;D.