The R.I.P. thread ..

Bill Warren, the author of the Evil Dead Companion passed away this morning.

http://www.newsfromme.com/2016/10/07/bill-warren-r-p/
 
Kain said:
Bill Warren, the author of the Evil Dead Companion passed away this morning.

http://www.newsfromme.com/2016/10/07/bill-warren-r-p/

That really sucks to hear, R.I.P Bill  :(
 
Oh that's so sad. Condolences to his family!
 
R.I.P. Bill X ... thanks for your huge part in our scene mate and ALL Evil Dead fandom ..
 
I know this is mostly reserved for horror related events, but 2016 has been a bit of a horror... and we lost some true greats this year.
 
Sad news on the passing of Carrie fisher. It will make seeing the next however many Star Wars movies they make kind of weird in that she was going to be a pretty big part. Rest well, and give death the finger.

C0s988nXAAAWJ8N.jpg


8152078-3x2-700x467.jpg
 
Man, I'm still not over Carrie's passing; watched Wishful Drinking the other day; it's sparkling and a beautiful encapsulation of her sense of humor.
 
R.I.P. William Peter Blatty, 89, author of The Exorcist .. I feel the film was a huge influence on the creation of The Evil Dead ...
 
R.I.P. John Peakes a.k.a. Professor Knowby from Evil Dead 2:

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/01/26/boarshead-theater-co-founder-john-peakes-dies-83/97102752/
 
RIP John Hurt ... horror fans will mostly remember him for Ridley Scott's ALIEN .. (he was that alien chest burster guy) .. I met him a couple of times just walking about because he'd moved close to my home town and even had the chance to chat films with him .. his characters have been side kicks to Harry Potter and Indiana Jones, he played The Elephant Man, an imprisoned heroin addict in Midnight Express ..... the list is endless.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/john-hurt-dead-elephant-man-9707290

Outside our local church after John moved here .. afterwards we all sang carols ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIScdfsjQP8
 
Been a tough month for deaths in the horror community all around.
 
R.I.P. George Romero ... he was 77 .. thanks for ......... everything George, you changed my life ..

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-me-george-romero-20170716-story.html
 
Swofty said:
R.I.P. George Romero ... he was 77 .. thanks for ......... everything George, you changed my life ..

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-me-george-romero-20170716-story.html

Just got home to see this, quite tragic but hey let's look on the brightside of this, the man left one helluva legacy behind. If it wasn't for him there wouldn't be no multiple zombie movies, games or comic books, the man practically caused the big boom for the zombie genre, if that's not quite the achievement i don't know what is. 

R.I.P George, may your zombie's and legacy roam forever !
 
Indeed he did leave a fantastic legacy behind ... without The Exorcist and Night Of The Living Dead, I'm sure that The Evil Dead would have looked very different, that's if it would have even been made at all ! ..

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/zombie-watch.15131/page-10#post-1689396
 
Top Bottom