The R.I.P. thread ..

RIP Indeed. I love "The Stuff!"
 
R.I.P. Daivd 'Flyboy' Emge

STAR LOST

David Emge dead at 77: Dawn of the Dead actor passes away four decades after his starring role as Flyboy in cult horror​

 
Rest well Ozzy.

3223.jpg
 
Rest well Ozzy.

3223.jpg
I was born in Aston, Birmingham in 1973. Our house was opposite Winson Green prison which is where Ozzy briefly ended up and in the same block he grew up. My Mum remembered hearing Black Sabbath rehearsing sometime afterwards when she'd be having a smoke (cigarette) with me in a pram and she told me years later "He made a bloody racket!". So I suppose I got to hear them for free when I was a baby. She wasn't a fan, I was too young to remember any of that although I do remember Aston in the 70's. I was amused to read one of Sabbath admit today that Ozzy couldn't sing at the time and also used the same expression "It was a racket!". R.I.P. Brummie.
 
Last edited:
I was born in Aston, Birmingham in 1973. Our house was opposite Winson Green prison which is where Ozzy briefly ended up. My Mum remembered hearing Black Sabbath rehearsing sometime afterwards when she'd be having a smoke (cigarette) with me in a pram and she told me years later "He made a bloody racket!". So I suppose I got to hear them for free when I was a baby. She wasn't a fan, I was too young to remember any of that although I do remember Aston in the 70's. I was amused to read one of Sabbath admit today that Ozzy couldn't sing at the time and also used the same expression "It was a racket!". R.I.P. Brummie.

Very cool story. I must admit that I never got a chance to see Black Sabbath live despite being a huge fan, but did see Ozzy and watched Back to the Beginning and to go out raising 190 million dollars for various local charities in that area is true badassery.
 
Very cool story. I must admit that I never got a chance to see Black Sabbath live despite being a huge fan, but did see Ozzy and watched Back to the Beginning and to go out raising 190 million dollars for various local charities in that area is true badassery.
One big regret of mine was never seeing Motorhead live or AC/DC. I did see The Damned and The Lurkers live, both also old school hard and heavy.
 
It's crazy Ric Flair outlived Hulk Hogan.
As someone who is not really a wrestling fan (but understand his importance to making it mainstream in the 80s), he'll always be "that guy who randomly showed up in Muppets From Space to flush Rizzo and then leave".
 
It's crazy Ric Flair outlived Hulk Hogan.

Keith Richards is making calls, and I'm convinced he and Ric Flair due to the sheer amount of booze and drugs they have done and survived will battle it out to see who is the ultimate winner in this big ass battle royal called life.


9927fc0ab88beda91c498d903a049802.jpg
 
Bruce's anecdotes about him in ICCK are so memorable.
 
Another production member of the og evil dead has passed away.

Source : https://variety.com/2025/film/news/joe-masefield-the-evil-dead-sound-editor-dies-1236533080/

Joseph R. Masefield, the multihyphenate who co-wrote the 1979 film “Don’t Go in the House” and supervised sound editing on Sam Raimi’s “The Evil Dead,” died Sept. 24 in Brooklyn, New York. He was 92.

Born in 1933, Masefield served as the supervising sound editor on “The Evil Dead” in 1981, as well as “Alone in the Dark” in 1982 and “Savage Dawn” in 1985. He edited the footage for “A New Life” in 1981 and the effects for “Naked Came the Stranger” in 1975.

He also worked as a production manager on early Imax documentaries “To Fly” and “Living Planet” in 1976 and 1979, respectively. His screenwriting debut, “Don’t Go in the House,” was a horror film that he penned with Ellen Hammill and director Joseph Ellison. The film starred Dan Grimaldi, Robert Osth
and Ruth Dardick. He followed up “Don’t Go in the House” with “Massacre at Central High,” which he co-wrote with director Rene Daalder.

In 1971, Masefield joined Costello Productions, where he directed and produced numerous educational and industrial films. In front of the camera, he appeared as an actor in 1963’s “Sin You Sinners” and 2010’s “White Irish Drinkers.” The latter’s director, John Gray, remembers Masefield as “a force of nature, a renaissance man, and he not only loved movies, but he loved the movie business with a fierce passion.”

At the end of his life, Maesfield was putting together a collection of his poetry.
 

Matt Ferguson ·
Follow​

11h ·

'RIP Renato Casaro, legendary Italian poster designer and artist.
His art is a massive influence on me, in fact I just finished up a project where his work was 100% in the mix in the back of my mind.
That Flash Gordon art has always been a firm favourite of mine. And his Conan art is perfection.'

aCasaro001.jpg
 
Aww, man!
 
Top Bottom