DyD
Spinach Chin
- Joined
- Oct 31, 2015
- Location
- Votuporanga, Brazil
I have no discomfort over it, it just seems a shame you can’t find really anything at all to enjoy from it. We must be of similar age because I have been a fan roughly that time too, and I’m personally very happy to have any Ash at all since it seemed for so long he was lost to us and we were forced to have him through the comics only. As much as I love the show, it has its flaws for sure and I can agree with that but I think the good far outweighs the bad.
As a whole, what is so hateable about it? I’ve read a few of your comments but give me the condensed version, I’m genuinely curious
No, I'm not gonna go into that now. I've explained my opinions, my criticism and my overall stance on the show very clearly and very thoroughly in hundreds of posts already. I'm sorry, but there is no "condensed version" to give you. If you really are genuinely curious about it, you can click on my profile and read my old posts. I think I've commented in every single episode thread so far and also on each of the full season threads. If you go back to the beginning of season one and start reading from there, you can see the entire process I went through while watching the show.
I'm glad to see you're also an old time fan. It shows that we're both coming from the same place. One thing I've already said a couple times around here is that Evil Dead means different things to different people. The things some fans love about it may not be the same things for everybody. Personally, I haven't seen much of what I love about Evil Dead in the show and I have major issues with concept, writing and characterization. Some people may be satisfied with just seeing more Evil Dead in any form and getting any type of continuation with Bruce as Ash. Some people may think the good outweighs the bad. That's good and I'm happy for all of you who feel that way. It's just that to me, the bad outweighs the good. I don't think the show is good as an Evil Dead product, as a continuation of the films or simply as a TV show. And I know I'm not alone in this. Even if I'm probably the most vocal critic of the show currently on the forums, eViL DeAdiTe, Muzzlehatch, Sutter Cane and quite a few other regular members have also shown a consistently negative opinion of it. Even MaidOfKandar's opinions have been pretty mixed since it premiered and I think a lot of her criticism is spot on. Even if she isn't as negative about the show as a whole as I am, on certain things she can be an even harsher critic than I am.
Since first watching the Evil Dead trilogy, I've been reading the Army of Darkness comics pretty much since their inception. When the show started, the tone of Ash in it pretty much matched up with where the character left off in AoD and evolved to in comics/video game media in the quiet years since. He became a sex obsessed dimwitted blowhard in those intervening years and when the show appeared I felt ready to accept this version of Ash from pretty much the get go. I see that being most people's issue with the show on these boards; that and regularly trying to apply continuity to a series that, across three movies, comics, video games, etc NEVER had any consistent continuity.
At all.
I've addressed those arguments many times before and explained why I think they're very flawed. So I'm just gonna say I respectfully disagree with everything you just said there.
Last edited: