Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 General Discussion Thread [MARK YOUR SPOILERS!]

MaidOfKandar said:
ETA, according to Bruce in this EW review, the watchword for season 3 is

Mytharc. We're supposed to find out why Ash was picked to be the promised one.  

...I really don't want the new EP dictating things that're that important.  Maybe Sam will have a heavier hand in this?

Honestly, that sounds way more damn interesting then what craig had in store for s3 in general plus it's a more original concept then "WE GOTTA GO SAVE MY DAUGHTER FOR HALF THE SEASON !" i'm honestly glad were going to be exploring this in the upcoming season plus maybe get some serious world building with the book as well with it's mythos. And if all this still takes place elk grove we could be getting that more horror like tone we saw with the rodger video x10 over with a whole season !
 
MaidOfKandar said:
Oh my God - I honestly didn't notice until you told me (I don't pay attention to my Twitter between seasons).

Bruce is going to be diplomatic as hell about this - I wouldn't be shocked if he's on Rob's side, but I imagine he just wants this to go away.  But Rob was honest about not liking season one and I bet he won't be diplomatic about season 2 on commentary.

Wow, Dana's pulling no punches.

MaidOfKandar said:
ETA, according to Bruce in this EW review, the watchword for season 3 is

Mytharc. We're supposed to find out why Ash was picked to be the promised one.  

...I really don't want the new EP dictating things that're that important.  Maybe Sam will have a heavier hand in this?


This honestly sounds way better then just more perverse humor. I felt like the big thing missing from the show was decent world building and mythology. Hope we get some good stuff next season in that regard. I also would like a better blend of horror/comedy as seen in the Sam Raimi series premiere.
 
Craig did a follow up on that av article. 

[font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]“I did this interview first and foremost to say ‘sorry’ to the fans. I felt the finale let them down and that was weighing on me. That was truly the only reason I opened up about the show.[/font]
[font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This was not meant to be a contest to pick an ending. Both have merits, but the entirety of the season was building toward something and it disappeared. I felt that would be evident to fans, so I wanted to give some context. [/font]
[font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In addition, I meant no disrespect to any parties involved. I was asked by Michael why I stepped down and I was completely honest about that. I was also honest about respecting the abilities of everyone involved, even though there were disagreements. Our producer was highly additive to the show when producing, and I never called that into question.”[/font]

Source : http://www.avclub.com/article/craig-digregorio-leaving-ash-vs-evil-dead-and-orig-247262
 
Kevin said:
MaidOfKandar said:
Oh my God - I honestly didn't notice until you told me (I don't pay attention to my Twitter between seasons).

Bruce is going to be diplomatic as hell about this - I wouldn't be shocked if he's on Rob's side, but I imagine he just wants this to go away.  But Rob was honest about not liking season one and I bet he won't be diplomatic about season 2 on commentary.

Wow, Dana's pulling no punches.

MaidOfKandar said:
ETA, according to Bruce in this EW review, the watchword for season 3 is

Mytharc. We're supposed to find out why Ash was picked to be the promised one.  

...I really don't want the new EP dictating things that're that important.  Maybe Sam will have a heavier hand in this?


This honestly sounds way better then just more perverse humor. I felt like the big thing missing from the show was decent world building and mythology. Hope we get some good stuff next season in that regard. I also would like a better blend of horror/comedy as seen in the Sam Raimi series premiere.

I don't know. Personally I would care more about characters. A whole season about mythology could end up in the same illogical mambo jambo that was the whole Ruby-DeaditeSpawn-Baal-arc so far. The sad thing is: S2 could have been the perfect opportunity to built more on characters AND world building.

How was young Ash before the cabin? How was his family? Why was he the chosen one? How did he end up on the road and not beeing in prison or in an asylum? What did Knowby to get rid of the deadites and how did he end up as tortured ghost? What is Rubys connection to him and her Knowby alias?

After 10 episodes we only know that he always was the party loving ladiesman (which does not match his movie portrayals) and that his father was just like him but worse (which is not very interesting). Also he had a friend named Chet who likes to drink as well. And Prof. Knowby did some stuff that also leaves plotholes big as Henriettas undead anus. Yeah great. Thrilling revelations ...
 
Joem1k said:
Craig did a follow up on that av article. 

[font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]“I did this interview first and foremost to say ‘sorry’ to the fans. I felt the finale let them down and that was weighing on me. That was truly the only reason I opened up about the show.[/font]
[font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This was not meant to be a contest to pick an ending. Both have merits, but the entirety of the season was building toward something and it disappeared. I felt that would be evident to fans, so I wanted to give some context. [/font]
[font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In addition, I meant no disrespect to any parties involved. I was asked by Michael why I stepped down and I was completely honest about that. I was also honest about respecting the abilities of everyone involved, even though there were disagreements. Our producer was highly additive to the show when producing, and I never called that into question.”[/font]

Source : http://www.avclub.com/article/craig-digregorio-leaving-ash-vs-evil-dead-and-orig-247262

It looks like he realizes how big of an impact this might have on his career.  But it's too laaate Craig, just lie in the bed and accept it's happened.

@Joe: Just talking about that possible finale even more makes me realize what a bad idea it would've been.  Kelly as a damsel in distress?!  Just no.

@Kevin and Muzzlehatch - I want to be hopeful about this but the new guy's got such a bad fandom track record; I just don't know.  We'll see how the dust shakes out by the spring, which is usually when they convene for filming.

And ratings news wasn't the best; the needle absolutely didn't move at all for the season finale, coming in at #62 with 0.14 and 269k.
 
Actually season 2 had a good fair amount of character development for the 4 main cast members and some with the side characters introduced, it was probably the main highlight of s2 for me in general.  

And there was more to chet,brock, cheryl and ash then just those aspects.

-Chet had a hidden but very close relationship with cheryl and when she died it seemed to have sent chet into a downward spiral and he ended up just becoming a shell of his former self with severe ptsd and not being able to let go of the past and just began drinking his problems and grief away. (His time in the gulf war and the bad memories there that were hinted at in ep 3 didn't help him much either.) 

"I died 30 years ago when you killed her..." - Chet EP7 


-brock didn't have a very stable marriage nor a very stable relationship with his son hence the "miserable son of a bitch" line from ash and that's why he didn't stay with his father when he returned from the cabin and basically ran away from his hometown after being ran off from everyone and left his father to clean up the mess after he wouldn't believe him about what happened.  And it seems to have been implied multiple times brock and cheryl were very close and i'm gonna suspect that's were that jealousy and love/hate relationship stemmed from between ash and cheryl as well. 

In a short summary 

Ash had a very troubled childhood growing up, if it wasn't competing with his sister or trying to bond with his father and unsuccessfully doing so in that department or dealing with the falling out between his mother and father, he went and took his problems he had at his home out at school with his buddy chet. 

And by the end of this season he finally found peace with all three of them and in a wired way kinda moved on from his past problems he had in his childhood and at the same time has grown even more closer and has made a even more stronger bond with his own family (Pablo,Kelly) heading into s3.

@Maid

Yeah i just don't think a whole "damsel in distress" storyline would have the lasting power for a whole season in general plus would have been severely OOC for kelly in general plus ruined that family dynamic between ash,pablo and kelly plus would have severly cheapened her character and her organic rise from s1 to now, i'm seriously happy rob stepped in when he did overall. And i very much agree, Craig is backpedaling hard in that follow up statement, if your gonna be honest Craig at least be professional about it and not paint yourself as the good guy of the situation and basically make rob out to be the devil who didn't let you do what you want this time around.  

I looked at the "adaptation" mark did and yeah it's his own vision of what transpired with ED1 and how he tried to connect ed2 together it was a fair attempt but a ok one at best, but this is AvED sam,bruce and rob's baby i don't think his gonna be going and making big changes to the show maybe tone down some of the comedic elements. 

He even stated in his interview with empire that his only going to be making small changes and not break the formula that's already there but open up the characters more plus the mythology.

But as i'll say before like a broken record waiting to fix itself *springtime*  

Let's wait and see *shrug*
 
Joem1k said:
Actually season 2 had a good fair amount of character development for the 4 main cast members and some with the side characters introduced, it was probably the main highlight of s2 for me in general.  

And there was more to chet,brock, cheryl and ash then just those aspects.

-Chet had a hidden but very close relationship with cheryl and when she died it seemed to have sent chet into a downward spiral and he ended up just becoming a shell of his former self with severe ptsd and not being able to let go of the past and just began drinking his problems and grief away. (His time in the gulf war and the bad memories there that were hinted at in ep 3 didn't help him much either.) 

"I died 30 years ago when you killed her..." - Chet EP7 


-brock didn't have a very stable marriage nor a very stable relationship with his son hence the "miserable son of a bitch" line from ash and that's why he didn't stay with his father when he returned from the cabin and basically ran away from his hometown after being ran off from everyone and left his father to clean up the mess after he wouldn't believe him about what happened.  And it seems to have been implied multiple times brock and cheryl were very close and i'm gonna suspect that's were that jealousy and love/hate relationship stemmed from between ash and cheryl as well. 

In a short summary 

Ash had a very troubled childhood growing up, if it wasn't competing with his sister or trying to bond with his father and unsuccessfully doing so in that department or dealing with the falling out between his mother and father, he went and took his problems he had at his home out at school with his buddy chet. 

And by the end of this season he finally found peace with all three of them and in a wired way kinda moved on from his past problems he had in his childhood and at the same time has grown even more closer and has made a even more stronger bond with his own family (Pablo,Kelly) heading into s3.

On a surface level I can not disagree. Brock, Chet, Emmery had all their little character moments. My problem is that these were not more than moments. What I really miss in the show are lasting character arcs.

It's interesting to know that Chet had something going on with Cheryl. But there is no pay off or development when we get to know it, becaus it's just some minutes before he dies. Did it change Chet's and Ash's relationship? Did it change ther motivation or goals? Nope, there was no time for it. In the same way it is nice to know, that Ash and his dad had bonding issues and it's even nicer to see them finaly get along. But please do not do that in a single episode that ends in the known way. Brock's whole character development can be reduced to:

1. Daddy hates his son for the murder of his sister, that was caused by demons
2. Daddy sees demons are real
3. Daddy loves his son

Edit: All the stuff about his unstable marriage, his early rivaly with Ash etc are never shown, not in flash backs and not in present actions. It is only mentioned in dialog. The same with Chet.

For me that's not enough. You could blame this on the 30min format. But in case of Brock, who went so early, it's more the writers lack of ideas.
 
@muzzlehatch 

Still that stuff is still there and very important to there characters and i think shouldn't be discredited because it's only dialogue snippets.

But i do agree with you, a lot more should have been done in general to let us dig our teeth into there characters more in general.
 
Joem1k said:
@muzzlehatch 

Still that stuff is still there and very important to there characters and i think shouldn't be discredited because it's only dialogue snippets.

But i do agree with you, a lot more should have been done in general to let us dig our teeth into there characters more in general.

Totally fair. I like most of the stuff the show did or tried to do as well:

- Ash being investigated by the police
- Ash visiting his home town and meeting his father
- Ash being trapped in a asylum and someone digging through his psyche
- Returning to the cabin
- Traveling back in time to prevent everything from happening

I love all these premise. It's just that they did not as much as they could what's bugging me. In my opinion the only thing they did really well regarding the plot points above where the S1 cabin episodes. The rest felt quite half-assed for me, especially in character development.
 
None of them seem to be able to work out what to do with a 30 min "horror" tv show, so they go the sitcom format everything is either throwaway cheap gags with no real continuity or random buckets of blood set pieces, expecting the audience to fill in the gaps.
 
Muzzlehatch said:
Totally fair. I like most of the stuff the show did or tried to do as well:

- Ash being investigated by the police
- Ash visiting his home town and meeting his father
- Ash being trapped in a asylum and someone digging through his psyche
- Returning to the cabin
- Traveling back in time to prevent everything from happening

I love all these premise. It's just that they did not as much as they could what's bugging me. In my opinion the only thing they did really well regarding the plot points above where the S1 cabin episodes. The rest felt quite half-assed for me, especially in character development.

I've been reading the threads regading the 2nd season and I pretty much agree with you people: dissapointing and sad, so many potential wasted. Yes, the premises and ideas were actually EXCELLENT! What a waste... How could all end being treated so poorly?

Personally I don't think the biggest problem with the show was the treatement of the ED mythos and universe, nor even the Ash character reboot. For one thing, the ED universe to me was quite well developed and worked better than in AOD (where deadites became a sort of cartoon zombies with independent personalities). In the show, they righfully came back being just drones with a hive mind, servitors of a greater evil who controlled them as puppets, as they were originally conceived. I don't mind them becoming overly sexual either: thir bizarre sexual urges were already hinted in the original movies, yet not so explicit (true). But if you watch the Evil Wind in ED, peepingtoming the girls through the windows, you can conclude the spirit is a repressed sexual energy to the point of becoming violent (as many human psychopaths in real life, in fact). John Bolton's comic adaptation even pointed that out in the texts. Besides, the deadites are always kind of sadomachists in their behaviour since the very first movie. So the fact all these weird sick sexuality became explicit in the tv show didn't felt out of place at all.

I also liked the inclusion of minor demons in the mythos. Like the hellish generals of the main Evil Dead. To me (who as you know have been working on developing a series of shortfilms explaining the nature of the Evil and its Hell) it totally fits and makes sense, and an explanation for them came quite naturally (hope I can share with you in future times, after it's edited). I don't think they abused from this new resource, since it wouldn't have done any good turning the ED universe into "Ash vs Aliens" or something like that. Ash's main enemies must be the deadites, and maybe other possessed "things" (which could have been more present, in fact, as the dolls on the pilot, but maybe more domestic tools or some crazy stuff)... Yet I think the demons addition was cool (including the children, which I loved how Ash reacted to in the 1st season finale)

The treatment of Ash character is a different issue, though... I don't know if any of you pointed this out (I'm sure someone has at some point, yet I didn't read it on the threads I read): the show characterization of Ash isn't actually based off the two first movies at all (in fact it contradicts them), but it's totally based off the "MY NAME IS BRUCE" movie, whose script also was heavily borrowed for the shows' pilote episode. To the point that (renaming Bruce for Ash and ignoring he has a right hand) it could totally serve as a prequel to the show. Same character, same attitude, same assholness, same lifestyle, same all.
So the Ash we got in the show was that "buffoon Bruce" from that movie. In fact, show's Ash is closer to him than to AOD Ash's... who yes, had already started being an asshole and a womanizer but to the "My name's Bruce" exageration.

I assume (but that's just me) Bruce Campbell developed this buffoon character after AOD fandom success, when people in conventions kept asking him to play Ash Williams again. He kinda mixed the character with himself in his more buffonic side and what ended coming was actually a caricature of Bruce himself. Which is what the character on "MNIB" was. And it's what we actually got in "AshvTED". Not evil dead's Ash, but Bruce Campbell playing buffoon.

For some reason, this is what Bruce and whoever else (Raimi?) understood the evildead fandom craved for. So they gave us that.
Now, let me tell you this buffonic Bruce/Ash hybrid is hilarious, and we all can agree on that. Truth is season 2 didn't put any hysteric laughs on me except for the morgue episode, but season 1 was a masterfully comedic series with aswesome Bruce/Ash moments. Spiced with some great horror scenes (I defend the pilot's scene where Fisher has the first encounter with a Deadite was SUPERB and would perfectly work as a horror movie. The whole pilot in fact was absolutely awesome combining the classic comedic side of ED2 with the pure modern horror of the ED Remake. I thought the whole show would work that way... and more or less did through season 1 -the season finale, which was excellent, mantained that).

But season 2...

I mean, season 1 wasn't perfect and I remember feeling sorta dissapointed with Fisher's end (I felt she was an excellent character to maintain that "pure horror" serious side on the show) but at least her character arc was really good during the season till her ending.

But without her, the goofiness invaded everything and there was no more "pure horror" moments anymore. Maybe the possessed car episode was the closer to it in some moments (maybe one of the best episodes on the whole season, imo, perfect combination of horror and comedy). The rest... as said, had many many excellent premises, but so poorly treatments... Things that go nowhere... And me wondering why they chose discard from sooo many good opportunities for character/mythology development in favour of unidimensional childish solutions.

What the hell happened? Who said a little explanation of the universe could hurt the show rythm, or atmosfere? I mean, a little (JUST A LITTLE ONLY!) worked fairly well on season 1. Like Rudy, explaining:

"I just want things to go back to the way they were, when the Dark Ones ruled over evil forces on Earth. The world is in chaos, and I want order. To consolidate the dark forces under one ruler: Me."

Cool! So this character is deeper than it looks. It has a whole twisted and complex ideology behind her actions, which also points to a complex background and universe. It adds, to the action.

Then, what happened with all that on Season 2?? The bad guys didn't have a reason to be bad anymore... 1980's Ruby looked and acted like an idiot... And Baal's motivation? Is serving his "master"? Does he have any other kind of personal motivations? Is he just a drone, a puppet... or has an individual character with individual objectives? Wtf? Why in the fucking hell the showrunners thought telling those things could hurt the action? Are they doing this show for retard fans only, who don't give a fuck about coherence and just want to watch Ash being pooped in his mouth?

If so... Why???

No, the 2nd season finale was a failure. I loved the morgue scene, don't get me wrong. Totally loved (it's one of the grossest, more brutal scenes I've seen on tv in my life. Which is awesome!). But repeating the gag with Henrietta's putrid milk was... Hm. Meh. It wasn't scary (not even intented to be) and it wasn't actually funny (we have seen that already) so it was only gross. Even aesthethically it would have been better using real goo, not that cgi.
And the shoe joke... Oh well. Damn, if they are gonna go down that road, then go all the way down! She could have actually fucked Ash shoe and have a bizarre orgasm or something on the line to humilliate Ash. It would have been as bizarre yet incredibly brave as the morgue scene was. But nah, they decided to let it be a simpley one-line joke... More gross than funny or even transgresive. Imo.

I'm not commeting on the incoherences, massive plot holes, and nonsenses. You all did way better than I could, and you are all totally right.

I just wanted to point out the 2nd season had a bunch of EXCELLENT IDEAS and OPORTUNITIES... (the character of the father, killed so soon!!! Why??? He was excellent, could have given so excellent scenes and development!!!) (Ash and Ruby relationship, let's give some sexual tension there, and please develop some mutal discovery/admiration for fuck's sake!) (and Kelly and Ruby? What's going on there? We do know Ruby digs chicks, so... Is she a maternal figure, or is something else going on??) (and what about Pablo and Kelly's thing? We saw some great, funny, tender moments in season 1 with them both, we want more!!) (The asylum, best enviroment/plot ever!! The first episode was totally masterful, then the second and final, totally dissapointing... That "evil Ash" new look/costume rocked! Why didn't they conserved it? And why dind't they give more actions and time for "evil Ash" to do stuff? Naaah, Ash was lying all along. Solved. Meh) (Back in time? Cool! Wanna know more about the Knowbies, wanna know more about what happened before ED and ED2, wanna know more about Ash' youth... Wanna know why the hell Ruby is suppossedly a knowby, was that a lie, or was Lucy Lawless a body she possessed?). Premises that were totally and deeply sadly disregarded. Don't know who to blame for this. But it's just too obvious something very chaotic happened on the creative team. Something that would have never ever happened in a project where the director is an author with noone interfering on its vision and objectives. This is why the ED movies make sense on their own and have a coherence (no matter how bizarre, but they have it): noone told Raimi what to do. Later he might contradict himself on the sequels but what I mean is: each movie is coherent on its own. In the show, on the other hand, some single episodes contain more plotholes and even contradictions than a script written by a retarded monkey.

So... Well.

I hope the waters calm down as days pass by... This season 2 was a failure but had so much potential, I don't believe the show's gonna be cancelled or actually hated by the audience. The season finale has a 8.9 in IMDB (something It's extremely unfair and biased, though It's actually good for the show's survival).

But they really need to increase the screenwritting quality. We ED fans are used to goofiness and cheesiness (yes, after all we are fans of a movie about a guy with a chainsaw on it's hand) but we are also used to high quality cinema and storytelling (which is what Raimi incarnates) and this season 2 ihas been a cheap infraproduct in terms of writting. We deserve better.

And I'm saying more: I don't mind any new, crazy addition or idea, as long as it's well written, directed and treated. Anything (ANYTHING) can work, my friends, if only properly told. Some "stupid" ideas like making Ash becoming Kelly's father by mistake, could perfectly work and become a source for awesome jokes and comedy. No matter how "this is not ED" they might sound at the start. Anything can become "ED" if propperly treated. They should understand this and start doing things good, instead of fighting about what is "ED" and what is not, which sounds more like a bunch of amateur insecure kids discussion instead of proffesional filmakers. Imo.
 
@Joe - I think what frustrates me the most is that ALL of that potential is there for character development but we just didn't get enough. The Cheryl thing should've been introduced much earlier in the season. They could've eliminated the head-up-the-ass episode and literally half the season

ChemaVillalba - You hit the nail on the head about Ruby. Her whole goal was to rule the universe and suddenly she has no idea what she's doing with the book SHE WROTE?

I think some of the show's worst stuff involves what they've done with Ash. I'll never really forgive the show for that necrophilia stuff.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
I think some of the show's worst stuff involves what they've done with Ash.  I'll never really forgive the show for that necrophilia stuff.

The morgue stuff was the definition of extreme, and risky like nothing I've ever seen before. Besides the fact you didn't like it (undestandable), at least you must give them that it was a very brave choice for tv (even for cinema!), and if you consider how extreme and shocking the original "ED" movie for the audiences was back on its release, the morgue scene was probably the most equivalent scene on the show reminiscent of that seminal hysteria, meanwhile the rest of the show is full with common places that we all have learnt to love but aren't shocking anymore at all.

What I think would be a massive mistake is that gag becoming a recurring one, and... sadly, it was repeated a couple of times during season 2. To me the first time was shocking and funny, second and (specialy) third one wasn't.


About Ash himself: I personally prefer an Ash who is not a buffoon, but an intelligent, sensitive tender guy who forced by circunstances had to become a badass. A nice sensitive guy being tortured is at the same time more dramatic and also sadisticaly funnier than an asshole who deserves it being tortured (joined to the fact that in the show the hits he receive never have consequences -and that goes for Pablo and Kelly too, who by now should both be on a weelchair-). It was the endless and painful torture of a nice tender guy what made the transformation into a baddass so awesome in ED and ED2. That's the Ash I totally loved, before AOD turnt him into something slightly different, and from there he was transformed into a caricature.
On the other hand, Bruce's comedy is unique, and he really made me laugh on season 1... and exploiting that was probably the reason for the change of character. Maybe Bruce is not ready for physical comedy anymore and his only choice was to become an asshole with aswesome one-lines? I don't know... but for some reason, Raimi and Bruce considered the audiences prefered that.

Personally I think they should have justified Ash actual assholness by saying he changed after the cabin events. It would have work (decades of drinking and drug abuse to get over the traumatic experience could transform anyone into a total asshole). So the show could also work with the theme of a former very nice man, now fucked up, fighting for not losing his soul (methaphorically, and also literally!) and turning back to who he really is, or falling into the dark side with no turning back, you know...
That seriousness and character deep could also perfectly allow space for comedy. But...

Oh, well...


Oh btw... what happened with that guy (who had stopped drinking) Ash gave booze on the street right after they arrived to 1982?? It looked like that would become a later joke (or even new plot) when they returned to the present (like that guy would have become a nazi dictator or something) but then... Nothing!
And judging from all the plotholes the season has left without giving a damn, It smells unlikely we are going to see that solved on season 3...

Oh. Well. xD
 
@chema

Actually the drunk hobo was already addressed in s2, ash was the main cause of his drinking problems and they actually bring that up in the very first episode.  

Why do you think in the first episode the hobo tells ash "He ruined his life !" plus the talk of already seeing demons in episode 5, it's because of what ash did in the past to that hobo's younger self and set in motion that butterfly effect that made him into what he was in the present time.
 
Something I've only just noticed at the start of Episode 9, after defeating Baal and drinking in the car with dead Pablo, Ash says that everyone's saying "Ash Williams saved everybody. I'll probably have a statue made, and a parade in my honour"

Completely missed that first time around. This pushes me further into believing it's all a world of his own creation at the end of E10.
 
Gonna spoilerise as this refers to episode 10:

Or a sweetener world created by Ruby to keep him occupied? I like that idea, as long as they don't spend the entire season there. On the other hand, I hope they don't wrap it up in just the pilot episode either (they have a habit of setting up big bads then finishing them off quickly. Example Evil Ash in Season 1) but no more than three episodes.
 
Mardeadite said:
Gonna spoilerise as this refers to episode 10:

Or a sweetener world created by Ruby to keep him occupied? I like that idea, as long as they don't spend the entire season there. On the other hand, I hope they don't wrap it up in just the pilot episode either (they have a habit of setting up big bads then finishing them off quickly. Example Evil Ash in Season 1) but no more than three episodes.

This could potentially solve some of the plotholes left by the season finale as to why nothing has changed when Ash went back to the present. I really hope they do something to resolve the bucket ol plotholes left behind with the season finale.

As much as I love the universe of "Evil Dead" and the character "Ash", the writing at times have been awful. As in very low budget tv show awful. I know it's asking a lot but I hope that season three is more in line with the season one premiere in terms of overall quality (not going to happen but a man can dream).
 
Joem1k said:
@chema

Actually the drunk hobo was already addressed in s2, ash was the main cause of his drinking problems and they actually bring that up in the very first episode.  

Why do you think in the first episode the hobo tells ash "He ruined his life !" plus the talk of already seeing demons in episode 5, it's because of what ash did in the past to that hobo's younger self and set in motion that butterfly effect that made him into what he was in the present time.

Oh, true! My bad, I missed this one!

Buuut... shit I shouldn't actually go there, but... How could the hobo's life be ruined by Ash if he haven't traveled to the past yet? I mean in that timeline. If Ash ruined the guy's life then Pablo shouldn't be dead... Sooo...


Hmmm, I'm thinking about the time travelling stuff. Ruby tried to explain something about it before Ash interrupted her in that "fuck this, our audience don't need to understand anything, they just want to watch me eating poop!". If I am not wrong, what Ruby tried to say was that there's a main timeline which cannot be changed, no matter if you travel back in time to change things. What you do traveling back is creating an alternate timeline, but that's all. In your timeline facts will contine having happened just the same anyway. So, one cannot actually change the past, only create alternative timelines.

Now this would explain why, even though Ash destroyed the cabin in the past before the "Evil Dead" events, his sister, girlfriend and pals are still dead when he comes back to his present timeline. And also why the town's people remember the events on 2x06 where Ash probed to the existence of deadites and to actually be a hero. Because in this main timeline, the "Evil Dead" events happened anyway. Only Pablo was resurrected but simply because Baal agreed to resurrect him.

Nooooow...
There are so MANY problems with this... For example, why Ash' hand grows back again when he prevents "ED" to happen in the new timeline? Because in his main timeline, "ED" had happened anyway, so...

The hobo is another obvious problem...

Also the ghosts from sister, daddy, and chet... ¿Why preventing them from being killed in an alternate timeline saved their souls from hell on the main timeline?

Fuck this. I thought I could make a little sense out of this but it's totally futile. :(
 
Is it just me or went the production value also down hill After S1? I just rewatched someone scenes of the pilot and in comparison the S2 finale looks quite cheap. I mean just visualy, the image quality, color grading etc.
 
Top Bottom