[CLOSED] Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I think this new show is going to have a low initial viewing audience ... I also think Sam, Bruce and Rob chose it that way on purpose so that they'd have the freedom to go crazy. I think they chose this lesser known STARZ channel deliberately (less trouble from the major studio involvement type crap) ... It looks like it will get a cult following so far from what I've seen though ... so pretty much a normal Evil Dead thing then? ..
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Nah, I think they really think it's going to be mega-huge. Bruce keeps saying "Watch out, The Walking Dead" and he's on record thinking that the 15 mil viewers the trailer got will translate to 15 million actual regular viewers.

I'll maybe generously say it'll be 6 mil initially, but they've got a lot to contend with. Live 5s and digital downloads are going to be what seals it. Then there'll be audience dwindle, people who think it's a special and not a series, contending with a Saturday timeslot, November coming up, the possibility of having to contend with Christmas specials, etc. If Starz is smart, they'll split the season.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I hope Starz never splits up seasons. I despise that practice so much. It totally kills the momentum of the show like it did with Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, etc... I'd rather they have two seasons a year. They could totally do it since each episode are so short.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Yes, I don't think the seasons are particularly long as it is for a US show without splitting.

I suspect I'll be one of the downloaders/later DVD/blu ray buyers, by the way.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Kain said:
I hope Starz never splits up seasons. I despise that practice so much. It totally kills the momentum of the show like it did with Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, etc...

Starz has never split up the seasons for any of their programming and just plays them straight on a weekly basis.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I definitely think they'll split it up. Probably 5 episodes from November to the beginning of December and the other five in January and February.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I'm glad... although I'd have thought they would want to show the first series and judge the viewing figures first....
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

kt7000 said:
Kain said:
I hope Starz never splits up seasons. I despise that practice so much. It totally kills the momentum of the show like it did with Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, etc...

Starz has never split up the seasons for any of their programming and just plays them straight on a weekly basis.

That's untrue, they actually split the first season for Outlander, airing half of it in the late summer-early fall of last year and half in the spring this year.  I think they did the same thing with Spartacus once but I can't recall if they did it since.   

An early second season renewal is very good news, they have a lot of confidence in the show - but it could also result in them cutting the number of approved eps if the show is disappointing somehow.  I still don't think it's going to be super enormous.  This is, as TVByTheNumbers states, also Common Operating Procedure down at Starz anyway.

Look at the ratings Supergirl, a show with equable critical buzz and fan hype and franchise backing, got its first time out.  It spent the whole night trending on Twitter and getting good audience buzz, but the end result was  a 3.1 with 12.9 mil viewers., which is a hit, but not an enormous one.  I continue to expect a hit out of AvED in a similar fashion. But not a miracle.

(Also I think the show is going up against game four of the World Series. ETA: yes it is).
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

AVED4.jpg


http://www.hightimes.com/view/bruce-campbell-groovy-gallery (mostly Bruce smoking marijuana).
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

If anyone wants to check out the live periscope going on at the premiere here's the link.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1vAxRZyQXkaxl
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Give it up to Nerdist for using this newfangled Periscope thingy to cover the AvED red carpet. I just tuned in to see Ted Raimi talking.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Bruce is looking snazzy tonight, plus seeing the joy from both dana and bruce about season 2 green lit made my day
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Starz wasted no time putting the news out about AvED season 2. Ray is on now, and talking about being the first major Latino sidekick on tv... and I'm enamored by Jessica Chobot's ability to ask questions that going beyond the usual interview stuff.


K100 said:
AVED4.jpg


http://www.hightimes.com/view/bruce-campbell-groovy-gallery (mostly Bruce smoking marijuana).

Your English is fine, my friend. Mine on the other hand could use some work. That picture is a pretty nice one of Ash with weapon in hand.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

That's awesome, the cast from ed 1 and ed 2 are here.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Is anyone else having problems with Periscope repeatedly stutter-stopping or needing to be refreshed again and again? I'm having a problem with it functioning properly, and so are half the people following me on Twitter.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

really good interview with Ray Santiago (pablo)

http://observer.com/2015/10/ray-santiago-on-becoming-the-future-of-the-evil-dead-franchise/

The more i keep hearing about pablo the more i get excited to see him in action on the show, it's gonna be great seeing him progress over the season as a character,now i wonder what that disgusting moment will be.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Hattip to Ray, but representation is only as good as the writing.  You can brag about being the 'first latino sidekick character' (he's not, there have been others), but when you play someone whose existence is a racist shaman joke and the guy you're seconding makes jokes about your race at your expense, it's not advancement, or good representation.  All this talk about diversity is just lip service.

RE moment:

Possible self-sacrifice of some sort to better Ash's chances? Like, literally cutting off a foot or something.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom