Evil Dead Auctions Listings (memorabilia, props, Ebay etc.)

The sleeve and cassette are correct for a genuine Palace Pictures ex rental Evil Dead 2. The problem with this item is that the plastic case isn't original. The original case this came in was/is gold coloured plastic with 'PALACE PREMIERE' embossed a few times across it, I own two of them.


Another non gold case example with this one. To be fair to the people selling these, even they might not be aware but I'm just making our international completist collectors here aware ..
 
PropStore's Los Angeles 2025 auction is coming on July 8th, 23rd, and 24th. The full catalog isn't up yet, but among the handful preview items we do have is Gary's lost pages of the Necronomicon from Ash vs Evil Dead! I believe this auction will also have more from Tom Sullivan's collection, so be on the look-out for that!

EDIT: As soon as I made this comment they posted the whole catalog. Evil Dead material includes:
* Four original Tom Sullivan master sketches for the lost pages of the Ex-Mortis (from ED2)
* The aforementioned AvED version of the lost pages
* The demon hand gloves from the end of ED1
* Assorted Deadite Scotty make-up appliances from ED1
 
Last edited:
PropStore is bringing out EVEN MORE of Tom Sullivan's collection for their Summer 2025 auction!
Included in this auction is:
* YET ANOTHER ED2 stunt Necronomicon
* The ED2 "Castle Kandar" lost Necronomicon page
* The ED2 "time rift" lost Necronomicon page
* The ED2 "Winged Deadite" lost Necronomicon page
* A strange AvED chainsaw with a silver top
* An ED2 matte painting of the forest at night (description says that it was unused, but I think it's from when Jake and Bobby Joe show Annie and Ed the destroyed bridge).
4M0Iutl.jpeg
YV1TPz7.jpeg
Y4nLMED.jpeg
oyT5R0r.jpeg

EDIT: There's actually more!
* Tom Sullivan's "Book of The Dead" script
* Deadite Cheryl's tongue casting
* Tom Sullivan's "Book of The Dead" poster concept sketch
* Tom Sullivan's stop motion creatures from ED2 opening
* Unused ED2 Deadite Scotty puppet
* Tom Sullivan's ED2 "lost pages" concept sketches
* ED2 Deadite Henrietta bust
* Tom Sullivan's ED2 (second draft) script
 
Last edited:
So I was curious as to what the deal was with this chainsaw with a unique silvery black top...
tozlXlW.jpeg
k7Vi2zT.jpeg

And the sleuths on Reddit were able to identify it as the "promotional event" chainsaw Bruce wore on Conan!
This past Sunday, as soon as the chainsaw was identified as one of the promotional ones, I sent an e-mail to PropStore's LA office and very politely explained that their current listing of it being series-used was inaccurate, here's what it actually is, some links, and it would perhaps be in their best interest to not mislead any potential bidders with the current information. Much to my surprise, yesterday evening I got a response from PropStore LA's Director of Consignments basically saying "we've looked into this, you're absolutely right, and we will change the listing accordingly." While nothing has really changed on the page yet (they removed the show promotional images), it's still wild to think that a company like that took the time out of their day to read my message, do their own investigation, and thank me for the correction. Hopefully they knock the price down on it, too, because a starting price of $6,000 for a chainsaw that wasn't even used on the show itself is crazy!
 
This past Sunday, as soon as the chainsaw was identified as one of the promotional ones, I sent an e-mail to PropStore's LA office and very politely explained that their current listing of it being series-used was inaccurate, here's what it actually is, some links, and it would perhaps be in their best interest to not mislead any potential bidders with the current information. Much to my surprise, yesterday evening I got a response from PropStore LA's Director of Consignments basically saying "we've looked into this, you're absolutely right, and we will change the listing accordingly." While nothing has really changed on the page yet (they removed the show promotional images), it's still wild to think that a company like that took the time out of their day to read my message, do their own investigation, and thank me for the correction. Hopefully they knock the price down on it, too, because a starting price of $6,000 for a chainsaw that wasn't even used on the show itself is crazy!
Good work Sir.

I'm guessing that when Bruce used it on the show, the blood spray gag effect would have been rigged to the table?. Otherwise, we'll find tubes on the prop itself.

edit: They've now lowered the starting bid to $3000.
 
Last edited:
edit: They've now lowered the starting bid to $3000.
They've also changed the listing entirely. It's no longer ASH VS EVIL DEAD, but from CONAN, with a new description:
Bruce Campbell's screen-matched chainsaw from Conan O'Brien's series Conan. Borrowed from the set of the series Ash vs. Evil Dead, throughout which Ashley "Ash" J. Williams (Bruce Campbell) used his signature arm-mounted chainsaw to fight Deadites, the chainsaw was wielded by Campbell to cut Conan O'Brien's sandwich on stage during Conan's coverage of San Diego Comic-Con 2016, resulting in the sandwich squirting blood all over the chainsaw and Campbell. The distinctive black scuff marks along the blade and base screen-match this chainsaw to Campbell using it in the Conan episode.

This chainsaw varies from the one seen in Ash vs. Evil Dead and was ultimately unseen in the series' final cut. It was later gifted directly from the Ash vs. Evil Dead production team to a crew member. The metal chainsaw features wood and plastic components. It has a pullable twine pull-cord, features a metal teeth chain, and wooden handlebar in the interior. Production intentionally distressed this chainsaw to appear well-used, including covering it in grime and tape-wrapping the handle. This lot exhibits chipped paint, frayed fibers, and a buildup of grime on the interior. Dimensions: 32" x 11" x 10" (81.5 cm x 28 cm x 25.5 cm)
 
They've also changed the listing entirely. It's no longer ASH VS EVIL DEAD, but from CONAN, with a new description:
Full respect to them ... although I know uber horror prop collector Sean Clark has had bad experiences with them, mostly because he couldn't get certificates of authenticity from them when he bought the hero jackets from the film The Lost Boys. Authenticated by the actors when he reached out but not by Propstore so it's nice to see they're listening to people like yourself and have acted on that now.

Going back to this particular chainsaw .. there's a lot of tiny details on it for it to have only been created for a jokey Bruce Campbell cake cutting moment on TV .. I reckon it was probably part of the TV production at some stage, even it it wasn't screen used.
 
Last edited:
Full respect to them ... although I know uber horror prop collector Sean Clark has had bad experiences with them, mostly because he couldn't get certificates of authenticity from them when he bought the hero jackets from the film The Lost Boys. Authenticated by the actors when he reached out but not by Propstore so it's nice to see they're listening to people like yourself and have acted on that now.
I'd be willing to bet that they reached out to whoever was selling (perhaps the crew member it was gifted to) it to see if what I told them was true. Then, once they had the full story from the seller (who probably went "oh yeah, I forgot to mention that bit..."), they went ahead and implemented the change on the site.
 
Recently found this ghoulish thing from Julian's Auctions. It says it wasn't actually screen-used, but was created during pre-production on Army of Darkness "most likely" as a reference for the Evil Ash dummy head for the "growing out of the shoulder" scene (so whoever sold it didn't even know WTF it was). I have no idea when this auction was, but it sold for $1,170.
763717_l.jpg763719_l.jpg763720_l.jpg763722_l.jpg763723_l.jpg
 
Recently found this ghoulish thing from Julian's Auctions. It says it was actually screen-used, but was created during pre-production on Army of Darkness "most likely" as a reference for the Evil Ash dummy head for the "growing out of the shoulder" scene (so whoever sold it didn't even know WTF it was). I have no idea when this auction was, but it sold for $1,170.
View attachment 435View attachment 436View attachment 437View attachment 438View attachment 439
Looks like someone in the 1920's straining to have a crap. o_O

I'm guessing it was used as an on set lighting reference.
 
I'm at the Propstore auction right now and someone's already bid 50k on the stunt nec.

ETA: It went for 51k - two nec pages went for $2,250 apiece. A matte painting and the prop chainsaw Bruce used on Conan also failed to sell.
 
Last edited:
Day 2 results: Tom Sullivan's "Book of the Dead" script went for $1k, a tongue casing and poster concept artwork went for only $800 each; Stop motion puppets for $4,250; More Nec pages $1,600 for a lot of four; Evil Dead 2 script for $1k. The Scotty puppet and Henrietta bust didn't sell.
 
From facebook.

Rob J Coates ·​

Follow​

5yhFUl-XhQa.png
Top contributor
·9h ·

I've been working on this display piece for the past couple of days, showcasing the replica Knowby cabin keys that I purchased from Don Campbell and Stephen DiRuggiero. I upcycled some old timber that I pulled down from around our house during our renovations and added the Vintage R.H.C Door Knob & Plate. the rustic aesthetic looks amazing. And with photos showcasing the scenes where the key was featured in the Evil Dead, and a LED strip light around the frame to give it a light-up effect. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

akeys001.jpg
akeys002.jpg
akeys003.jpg
akeys004.jpg
 
Last edited:
These are very rare and were gifted to crew members working on Evil Dead 2's F/X. This is only the third one I've ever heard of.

I think Kain owns one gifted to him by Tom Sullivan and also Evil Dead Chainsaws (bought by him from Sam Raimi's sister?) so unless either of those gentlemen are selling their shirt, this is a third one for our records. I'd love one but I couldn't justify spending nearly $2000 on a T Shirt in this instance.

 

Jay Morey ·
Follow​

6h ·

I found an owner's manual for a 1973 Olds Delta 88 on eBay and got Bruce to sign it at a con. As soon as I handed it to him he said "Oh, Jesus Christ. Where the f**k did you get this?"
1f606.png

Then he started thumbing through it and you could tell he was diggin it. He said "a lot of ppl show me pictures of their cars saying they have the same one and it's not. This is really cool. You've impressed me and that's not easy to do" then he signed it and handed it back to me

aDelta88manual001.jpg
 
Top Bottom