Evil Dead Wrath | Official Thread

According to trusted source, apparently the test screening went over VERY well last night. Been browsing the usual platforms and have found nothing in regards to plot info (yet), so they may be cracking down on leaks following the previous screening.
That's another thing. The fact that the film is supposed to come out in a year and a half also increases the chance that it will get leaked at some point before that.
 
I shall reserve my enthusiasm (the hype for Burn was very positive and they're so worried about this one they're screening the rough two years away from its release) a bit, but that's nice to hear!
 
GRAB YOUR SALT GRAINS, SOME NEW ALLEGED PLOT "INFO" HAS DROPPED​
We now have a very short, one sentence plot synopsis. If this is legit, then I can see where that "repeated theme" comment has some legitimacy:
Infidelity is exposed when two families come together after a girl goes missing.
I mean, that's certainly not what I expected, but... OK... sure.

A video from some guy (IDK how legit he is, this is the first thing I've seen from him) goes into WAY more detail... like... a lot. Even the title of the video is a massive spoiler, so click at your own risk.

In case the video gets deleted, the short version is that:
A Deadite Queen ("The Keeper" that we heard of in the previous leaks) is the big bad, and she abducts the girl in the opening of the film. Mia's "cameo" is not a cameo, but a major part of the film's epilogue sequence (about 10 mins). One stand-out scene is an army of Deadites attacking the suburban neighborhood street.

So it seems like Evil Dead: Endgame is what we're really going towards. Not sure how I feel about that right now.
 
I was way more excited for Wrath than Rise or Burn, but the more info we get from these supposed early screenings the more my excitement wanes... This is definitely not sounding like the film I hoped it would be.
 
Last edited:
Sounds very Gremlins Meets The Evil Dead. I'm intrigued.
 
I really hope the rumours of Mia making an appearance is NOT true and just people online making wishful guesses . I don't think Jane Levy would touch any of the new evil dead films , they are pretty atrocious. Plus I don't think The Rights holders really like Mia as a character, they much more prefer there Safe and Reliable Mother from Evil Dead Rise ( I forget her name , that's how bad that film is). But they seem to love her and most of the fairweather (born after 2004) fans do too.
Wrath might be Something New or Maybe more of the Last one. I had massively Low hopes for Burn and I was right to do so . I have a feeling that Wrath may go straight to streaming this time. That is my guess for the film. Until Raimi himself takes back the directing chair , my expectations remain very very VERY VERY low.
 
Honestly, Mia's one of the best parts of the trilogy of newbies, and I say that as a 2013 hater.
 
I'm just happy to hear there is a clear direction and goal they are heading towards even if they are being sloppy with getting there which isn't exactly unfamiliar with this franchise (ALA the lore retcons/Ellie post credit scene) if i'm led to believe with this information (grain of salt and all that), it's all gonna depend on said execution and it makes me wonder whose gonna be the director/writer of this final "end game" film, that's the real question to be asked here. I've kind of leaned off with the hope there will be a classic tone with this saga mostly because of the focus/tone staying consistent with 2013, i've coined this saga (2013 to Wrath) as the "Deadite/Book Saga" because of the focus on the demons themselves and the history with the book. We don't have Ash/a central hero/chosen one anymore and what does that leave us? Just the book and it's demons, so that specific focus should reflect on the tone/aesthetic and it's been pretty consistent even if i ain't the biggest fan of it. Any ways to end off this rambling, it'll be interesting to see how all these survivors interact with each other once we eventually come to that film down the road, i know this is gonna be a weird comparison to make, but it feels like rather then the avengers, but a scrappy DnD group of characters about to come together to try and defeat a rather high level demonic entity with the odds not being in their favor with no help from a high level NPC (Ash), there is something interesting about a concept like that for a Evil Dead film that if they pull it off could be a helluva of a capper to this saga and from what we've seen so far, any one of these characters could bite it just because of how no mercy this saga has been to these characters. But again, it's all gonna depend on the script and director they choose for that film when we reach it down the road. If i had to make a bold choice, it would be very interesting if Sam or Fede we're the one to lead that project, be like a full circle moment for the franchise but the odds of that happening are very slim. Alright, that's enough rambling on from me :ROFLMAO:
 
I don't think Jane Levy would touch any of the new evil dead films
*ahem*
"Jane Levy also appeared to be interested in returning to the Evil Dead franchise if the opportunity were to ever present itself."
(May 19, 2024)

Along with this comment from Jane Levy Reddit AMA in 2025.
Plus I don't think The Rights holders really like Mia as a character
In the 13 years since the 2013 movie came out, I have never seen any inkling of an indication of anyone involved that has alluded to that being the case. The only reason they never did anything with her was because Sam got the itch to focus on Ash (and began development on Ash vs Evil Dead), but there were always talks of doing a 2013 sequel, but in that time Jane decided to pivot away from horror for awhile, and Fede moved on to other stuff.
I have a feeling that Wrath may go straight to streaming this time.
I said this before, but with all the cooks in the kitchen now (Warner, StudioCanal, and Sony) throwing money at it, it's very unlikely that we're gonna get a straight to streaming installment when Rise and Burn have made well-over double their low budgets.
 
*ahem*
"Jane Levy also appeared to be interested in returning to the Evil Dead franchise if the opportunity were to ever present itself."
(May 19, 2024)

Along with this comment from Jane Levy Reddit AMA in 2025.

In the 13 years since the 2013 movie came out, I have never seen any inkling of an indication of anyone involved that has alluded to that being the case. The only reason they never did anything with her was because Sam got the itch to focus on Ash (and began development on Ash vs Evil Dead), but there were always talks of doing a 2013 sequel, but in that time Jane decided to pivot away from horror for awhile, and Fede moved on to other stuff.

I said this before, but with all the cooks in the kitchen now (Warner, StudioCanal, and Sony) throwing money at it, it's very unlikely that we're gonna get a straight to streaming installment when Rise and Burn have made well-over double their low budgets.

Fully agree with MCT28 here.

Jane's buried the hatchet with Fede in the recent announcement for Don't Breathe 3, and was even at a screening with Fede for Don't Breathe 1 and has been rather adamant on returning as Mia, plus the studios behind Evil Dead right now see it as a healthy/profitable franchise. I feel like ignoring all those basic facts that are there in the open to see is just missing the forest for the trees to yell endlessly at clouds for a era that's ended already.

And to that i say, why waste the energy hating on something when you already have the thing you like right there to re-watch and cherish? Makes no sense to me at all :dizzy:
 
I feel like ignoring all those basic facts that are there in the open to see is just missing the forest for the trees to yell endlessly at clouds for a era that's ended already.
You know, I was thinking about this the other day. I think people hold onto the glimmer of hope of Sam and Bruce returning (I mean before Bruce's bigger recent issues came to light and his solidifying statement on being done with Ash) because they're still out doing the promotional stuff and serving as producers. I'm not sure of any other iconic 40+ year franchise (horror or any other genre) where the original creators are out hyping up the new movies that they didn't write, direct, or star in. Normally the old guys crap on the new installments, but (save for Bruce's blunt comments about the lack of humor in Burn), they're still out there serving as "the faces" of the franchise.
 
Major spoilers in this link to Reddit; some video village footage of Wrath.
 
Honestly, Mia's one of the best parts of the trilogy of newbies, and I say that as a 2013 hater.
Yeah I totally agree . I rewatched over the weekend out of boredom and Again, really enjoyed it . Mia is an absolute legend and it is kind of disrespectful that she is disregarded so much.
They want Ellie to be the main female of the franchise (unfortunately).
 
Yeah I totally agree . I rewatched over the weekend out of boredom and Again, really enjoyed it . Mia is an absolute legend and it is kind of disrespectful that she is disregarded so much.
They want Ellie to be the main female of the franchise (unfortunately).
You're overthinking this. The reason why Ellie had a cameo in Burn was because she was from the most recent movie up to that point and because Burn is tied to the events of Rise. If they brought Mia back, a lot more casual viewers wouldn't even know who she's supposed to be. This isn't about some personal preference of some executives. It's just numbers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DyD
Oh, I think I remember him. He was even on here when AvED was on, giving us a hard time that we have criticism of it. I think this might be him also…?
Yeah i remember both of them During Evil Dead Rise era.
After watching Rise in the cinema , I checked out there YouTube channel to see if other evil dead fans felt the same overwhelming sense of disappointment. Instead, both of them was saying it was the best evil dead . Literally giving it a perfect 10/10. After that , I unsubbed.
 
Honestly, Mia's one of the best parts of the trilogy of newbies, and I say that as a 2013 hater.
I wouldn't necessarily include 2013 as part of a trilogy with the others. It has a very different feel to it and seems to stand alone away from the more recent ones. I think the plan is to have WRATH complete the trilogy of modern films. 2013 was like a weird freak anomaly that had no right been as Great as it was. I think alot of it is down to the use of Practical Effects . The scene from BURN when the deadites climbed the roof of the house still makes me cringe inside at the site of some of the worst A.I computer generated images I've seen in a film since The Rock did Scorpion King.
 
*ahem*
"Jane Levy also appeared to be interested in returning to the Evil Dead franchise if the opportunity were to ever present itself."
(May 19, 2024)

Along with this comment from Jane Levy Reddit AMA in 2025.

In the 13 years since the 2013 movie came out, I have never seen any inkling of an indication of anyone involved that has alluded to that being the case. The only reason they never did anything with her was because Sam got the itch to focus on Ash (and began development on Ash vs Evil Dead), but there were always talks of doing a 2013 sequel, but in that time Jane decided to pivot away from horror for awhile, and Fede moved on to other stuff.

I said this before, but with all the cooks in the kitchen now (Warner, StudioCanal, and Sony) throwing money at it, it's very unlikely that we're gonna get a straight to streaming installment when Rise and Burn have made well-over double their low budgets.
I Must of heard wrong but I'm pretty sure it was discussed on this forum about a fall out between Fede and Jane Levy hence why neither have returned to the franchise.
But if Mia is beloved by the rights holders, why was she never mentioned in Ash vs evil dead ? Sam raimi could of pulled some strings but Mia's ordeal was never ever mentioned.
Don't get me wrong, I would love her to return but in a way that it doesn't insult the legacy of the character.
You're overthinking this. The reason why Ellie had a cameo in Burn was because she was from the most recent movie up to that point and because Burn is tied to the events of Rise. If they brought Mia back, a lot more casual viewers wouldn't even know who she's supposed to be. This isn't about some personal preference of some executives. It's just numbers.
Fair enough I get what your saying.

I think Mia's best arch would be if she was in a mental hospital . Much like how we saw with ash in the TV show and the video game REGENERATIONS.
I Would be very likely as her mother had some mental health issues and Mia also had a heavy heroine addiction. After watching 2013 this weekend, it just made sense to me that would be the best direction with her character.
 
I Must of heard wrong but I'm pretty sure it was discussed on this forum about a fall out between Fede and Jane Levy hence why neither have returned to the franchise.
There was, but they mended their friendship not too long after it. The comments I posted from 2024 and 2025 come from AFTER their falling out (which was in 2021/2022).
But if Mia is beloved by the rights holders, why was she never mentioned in Ash vs evil dead ? Sam raimi could of pulled some strings but Mia's ordeal was never ever mentioned.
Maybe because Mia's story has nothing to do with Ash's story? That, coupled with having to get the rights from Sony would just mean yet another cook in the kitchen for that show. Something like that wouldn't be wasted on a show with struggling ratings, but would be saved for a theatrical film (which, if you recall, the plan was for Sam to make "Evil Dead 4" which eventually morphed into AvED, and THEN do the crossover film with 2013).
 
If I recall, wasn't there something about plans for Army of Darkness 2/Evil Dead 4 then a Mia movie, then a crossover? But they couldn't get the story just right, so they tabled that and did Ash vs Evil Dead instead? But then also said they still wanted to do stuff with Mia and a potential crossover?

I also vaguely remember Bruce doing an April Fools joke post about Sam sending him a Pic of him and Jane as Ash and Mia with a note attached telling him to hit the gym and get ready.

Feels like Sam, Rob, and less so Bruce, since Bruce is stepping further and further away from his producer role, might be trying to still make that idea a thing, just without Ash. After all, 2013, Rise, and Burn are not all all directly connected, but have loose connections to the original trilogy. Supposedly Burn cut some stuff out that would've had even stronger ties to the original films.

Just sucks that the show currently is being ignored. I'd be fine for that team-up crossover idea to still be a thing, but preferably if they somehow bring in the Ghostbeaters minus Ash.

Feels like we need to start having the films be more connected instead of loosely referencing each other.

Be nice to have 1 or more protagonists who survive and return as well.
 
Top Bottom