Scream Factory Army Of Darkness Collectiors Edition Coming

Update 2

https://m.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/posts/666849753452039 

There goal is to announce them friday.
 
ashevildead123 said:
Update 2

https://m.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/posts/666849753452039 

There goal is to announce them friday.

It's up.  Looks amazing, new feature length making of and 4 different cuts of the film!
 
Fancy, a lot of extras both new and old along with 4 cuts of AoD... and a free poster of the new art too if you order it from them. I think I will still go with Amazon.
 
I guess they got everything together early?

its awesome amazing people that work for scream factory.

I wish Anchor Bay was still Anchor Bay like back in the day.

this is the definitive version of army of darkness in the u.s.

im happy I preorderd from scream factory last week.
 
I came tearing over here to celebrate with everyone once this crossed my Twitter feed!

The new extra sounds very interesting; I think this is the first time Ida Gearon's ever talked on camera about her design work? 

We have all the known cuts in a single package remastered, I think all of the content from Boomstick Ed with FRESH stuff to augment it.  I'm wondering if more deleted scenes than we've ever gotten will be tacked on?  This is pretty much my dream release of my favorite movie, I'm super excited!
 
I'm with you on this being the definitive version of Army of Darkness, and can only hope that they do this with the other two movies at some point. I can now give my well worn Boomstick Edition a rest... and I can't wait to see all the extras. The fact that they talked with the person who played the Pit Bitch along with Bill Moseley on top of everything else is pretty freaking badass to say the least.
 
I think lions gate had the final say on evil dead 2,
I don't need a 3 disc release of it.

I do feel however that anchor bay is mistreating the evil dead,
I want a release that's not limited edition and has everthing.
 
For the amount of extras this has, the price is amazing. It's exciting to see Marcus be a part of it but no Embeth! Can't freaking wait!!
 
Nick el Ass said:
I'm with you on this being the definitive version of Army of Darkness, and can only hope that they do this with the other two movies at some point. I can now give my well worn Boomstick Edition a rest... and I can't wait to see all the extras. The fact that they talked with the person who played the Pit Bitch along with Bill Moseley on top of everything else is pretty freaking badass to say the least.

Well-worn Boomstick Eds seems to be a recurring theme on board :)  Mine is so worn that I managed to scratch my copy of the DC and now it won't play.  

Elise41 said:
For the amount of extras this has, the price is amazing. It's exciting to see Marcus be a part of it but no Embeth! Can't freaking wait!!

That's my sole caveat here, that they didn't get Embeth.  IDK if she was unavailable or what - she happily does reunion stuff for Matilda and talks about AOD fondly.  *shrugs*
 
The Original/Alternate Opening is also included in the extras.

I hope this and other deleted scenes will be a restored version.
 
Looks great.

I'm tempted myself, but as a US release, I'm not sure my UK PS3 will cope with it. (Mind you, Brisco County JR is a supposedly a US release and my Blu-Ray player likes that just fine. But maybe the disks are region free in that set?)

My current DVD version has two cuts, I beleave the US Theatrical Release and the Director's Cut. I thought the latter was the one released everywhere except the US, but I see there's a third cut here called the International Cut, which is actually a bit shorter. I'm guessing they both share the 'I slept too loooooooong!' ending, and that's what I'm getting confused with.

(Don't mind me. I'm a bit behind with these different releases.)
 
@Mardeadite - Here's some more details on the differences between the versions!
 
Thanks. Wow. I didn't realse the international cut shown in UK cinemas had the smart ending. Always thought that was only in the US release.

Interesting!
 
I'm curious to see how the Scream Factory's release will look. I popped in the Screwhead editiom blu-ray in last night to see how it looks and wasn't too impresssed.
 
@Mardeadite - I've never entirely grasped how the different endings got distributed; there's also that cut where Evil Ash rips sheila's dress that only got Asian/Euro distribution.

@Kain - they're working with the remasters they had in the vaults via Universal, I think; the specs are on the site!
 
While everything with the new bonus material announced makes this a Must-Have item, the new color transfer & encoding from Shout Factory could turn out to not even be that great. A trend going around all the forums is that the reason there called "Shout Factory" is because that's what you wanna do when you see how bad their releases are.
http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?art=part&action=1&image=4&hd_multiID=229&cap1=3683&cap2=27886&disc1=353&disc2=3034&lossless=&x=402&y=137#vergleich

http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?art=part&action=1&image=11&hd_multiID=1368&cap1=30137&cap2=54360&disc1=3273&disc2=5789&lossless=&x=257&y=206#vergleich

But it could all be forgiven if they end up doing new restoration work for the deleted scenes, as they've done before w/ Phantasm II
http://postimg.org/image/5tyxwgkod/
 
that is just personal opinion, which is fine.

do you know that alot of old movies don't look well on blu ray?
 
some studios like warner brothers don't even remaster 
some older movies for blu Ray just upscale.

the format of blu ray is a hard sell,
most hard working people just buy dvd or stream.

thats fine as well, if I had 500 dvds I would 
probably hesitate to replace my dvds with
blu ray as well.

 in my opinion it's the right thing to do.

but I am a collector as well, so I buy blu ray as a collectors item.

what I am geting at is here we have a 3 disc set with four cuts of 
the movie, I'm sure the encoding job won't be the best.

but I know the people at shout factory/scream factory worked 
there asses off and spent alot of money putting this together.

they did what they could with the best they had.

opinions are opinions and everybody's going to have one I just want to remind everybody to take it easy on scream factory.

you don't see Anchor Bay really doing anything anymore do you?

they let the rights go to army of darkness and evil dead 2.

they could had got the rights back, stars has that power and money
you know?

let's be honest here all they did was release the same discs over and over again in a new package.

with the exception of a few.

if I had to be real picky and I'm not a real picky person,
I would say that having the best version of the evil dead on
blu ray as limited edition is wrong.

there was no reason to make it a limited edition,
greed is a hell of a drug.

I respect you all and I respect your opinions.

I only ask you to be fair to scream factory because they are have truly done something wonderful something we never thought possible.

just for that they deserve respect.
 
To be fair to Scream Factory, they work with the materials they're given by the studios in question.  If they can't find the master negative, they can't find the master negative, and they have to work with whatever they end up with. When it comes to stuff like the Silver Bullet release, for instance, all they had was a 45mm print to work with and bring up to standards; same thing with Dog Soldiers.  AOD is lucky in this respect - there are already fairly decent digital releases for the Studio cut.  The question will be what will we get for everything else?

However, Scream Factory is a fairly large corporation, and while I know they collectively care about their products and jobs (I'm an MST3K fan and the way they've served the fanbase by far outstrips everything Rhino did with the property, for instance), there's no harm in pointing out faults in their output.  Again - nothing is immune to criticism.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
To be fair to Scream Factory, they work with the materials they're given by the studios in question.  If they can't find the master negative, they can't find the master negative, and they have to work with whatever they end up with. When it comes to stuff like the Silver Bullet release, for instance, all they had was a 45mm print to work with and bring up to standards; same thing with Dog Soldiers.  AOD is lucky in this respect - there are already fairly decent digital releases for the Studio cut.  The question will be what will we get for everything else?

However, Scream Factory is a fairly large corporation, and while I know they collectively care about their products and jobs (I'm an MST3K fan and the way they've served the fanbase by far outstrips everything Rhino did with the property, for instance), there's no harm in pointing out faults in their output.  Again - nothing is immune to criticism


thats not what I was trying to say.....

people are going to critcism that's cool, I am
Just asking people to be respectable about it.
these people did more for army of darkness 
then anchor bay ever did.

I thought rhino scream factory shout factory were the same company? 

you people have me socializing more than I ever had been in a long while. Lol
 
Top Bottom