Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 General Discussion Thread [MARK YOUR SPOILERS!]

Alright i was hesitant about posting this as it contains HEAVY PLOT SPOILERS for the second to last episode but if anyone wants to look at it they can but i'm gonna warn you right now it's gonna probably ruin the impact of it when it happens, this going to be double layered just incase. 


Last chance to turn back now....


I'm being serious this is some pretty heavy stuff, it's gonna ruin it for ya. 
Alright, Don't say i didn't warn ya. 

HOME AGAIN 

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Ash, distraught about losing Pablo is determined to bring him back! Ruby and Kelly tag along as they travel back in time to make sure Young Ash never sees the Necronomicon. But the butterfly effect they create is something no one can believe![/font]

Source : http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/11/ash-vs-evil-dead-episode-209-home-again.html

  
 
Gahh

I'm sensing he's the big noble sacrifice and going back in time repeatedly just causes more people to die?

Also

I'm guessing Cheryl might be Chet's first love.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
Gahh

I'm sensing he's the big noble sacrifice and going back in time repeatedly just causes more people to die?

Also

I'm guessing Cheryl might be Chet's first love.

I find it very interesting and quite surprising that they went this route chet's character but at the same time, i can totally seeing this being a possible thing that happened and just adds a whole new layer to chet's character.  I wonder if chet wasn't supposed to go with them to the cabin but decided not to go for some reason, that is some serious surviors guilt right there if they go down that route and judging by those pictures. it may be a pretty serious moment between ash and chet, i wonder if ash knew about it. 

I wonder if it isn't ash that kills him, it's him and pablo fighting it out as pablo tries to get ash to come to his senses and then BOOM. Ash accidentlly or purposefully kills him and that's when baal releases his hold on him right then and there to quote "BREAK HIM" god if that is gonna be the case, that scene is gonna be very heartbreaking to watch D:
 
If they go that route then it's pretty inventive to say that Chet was supposed to be Cheryl's intended and that's why she went on a couple's retreat stag, so to speak.  Or maybe she went in his place because of some cowardly reason.  That plus what he went though in the Gulf would be more than enough to turn Chet into the pink fuck loving dude we have.

...that makes the timeline kinda weird, since Ted was what, thirteen when they filmed the first movie?  He was young.  But it's an interesting idea if they go there, I'm willing to buy it.  I think the compressed timeline says 1 and 2 happened in 86 at this point, anyway.


I'm guessing Chet's a dead duck too, since only Kelly and Ruby go with him.  Or Chet and Linda are stuck maintaining things back home.  I'm pretty sure Lacey bites it in this episode or the next judging from that shot of her as a Deadite in the season trailer. I think it takes place somewhere in Brock's house.

I'd bet money that he makes a noble sacrifice in the second battle, enough to make Ash feel responsible?  Does the battle happen in 8 or in 10?
 
MaidOfKandar said:
If they go that route then it's pretty inventive to say that Chet was supposed to be Cheryl's intended and that's why she went on a couple's retreat stag, so to speak.  Or maybe she went in his place because of some cowardly reason.  That plus what he went though in the Gulf would be more than enough to turn Chet into the pink fuck loving dude we have.

...that makes the timeline kinda weird, since Ted was what, thirteen when they filmed the first movie?  He was young.  But it's an interesting idea if they go there, I'm willing to buy it.  I think the compressed timeline says 1 and 2 happened in 86 at this point, anyway.


I'm guessing Chet's a dead duck too, since only Kelly and Ruby go with him.  Or Chet and Linda are stuck maintaining things back home.  I'm pretty sure Lacey bites it in this episode or the next judging from that shot of her as a Deadite in the season trailer. I think it takes place somewhere in Brock's house.

I'd bet money that he makes a noble sacrifice in the second battle, enough to make Ash feel responsible?  Does the battle happen in 8 or in 10?

I would say 8, and then them dealing with the aftermath in 9, but i wonder if this description isn't throwing a curveball at us, the reason i say this is because of one particular scene in one of the advertisement's were pablo is hulking out and the windows blasting out behind him. So it makes me wonder if he doesn't become the necronomicon at that point and baal takes him under his wing. I just hope pablo isn't a goner and ash and the rest of them actually end up bringing him back/saving him, and maybe cheryl too while were at it !

I will just say this, when ash is determined and focused on a goal, shit is gonna get done and it's gonna end badly for whatever evil entity is in the way. (EXAMPLE, Ash rallying a whole army and winning) 
 
After the diner preview is up with two new clips  ! 

http://aftermoviediner.com/feed/news/press-release/pictures/ash-vs-evil-dead/0206/trapped-inside

Can i just say, i'm really liking the over all feel of this episode, i think the unknown director is directing this one. 

Ash's reaction to kelly firing into the crowd was great, plus kelly's immediate regret soon after. And holy shit the acting on rays part in that clip was fantastic !
 
Joem1k said:
MaidOfKandar said:
If they go that route then it's pretty inventive to say that Chet was supposed to be Cheryl's intended and that's why she went on a couple's retreat stag, so to speak.  Or maybe she went in his place because of some cowardly reason.  That plus what he went though in the Gulf would be more than enough to turn Chet into the pink fuck loving dude we have.

...that makes the timeline kinda weird, since Ted was what, thirteen when they filmed the first movie?  He was young.  But it's an interesting idea if they go there, I'm willing to buy it.  I think the compressed timeline says 1 and 2 happened in 86 at this point, anyway.


I'm guessing Chet's a dead duck too, since only Kelly and Ruby go with him.  Or Chet and Linda are stuck maintaining things back home.  I'm pretty sure Lacey bites it in this episode or the next judging from that shot of her as a Deadite in the season trailer. I think it takes place somewhere in Brock's house.

I'd bet money that he makes a noble sacrifice in the second battle, enough to make Ash feel responsible?  Does the battle happen in 8 or in 10?

I would say 8, and then them dealing with the aftermath in 9, but i wonder if this description isn't throwing a curveball at us, the reason i say this is because of one particular scene in one of the advertisement's were pablo is hulking out and the windows blasting out behind him. So it makes me wonder if he doesn't become the necronomicon at that point and baal takes him under his wing. I just hope pablo isn't a goner and ash and the rest of them actually end up bringing him back/saving him, and maybe cheryl too while were at it !

I will just say this, when ash is determined and focused on a goal, shit is gonna get done and it's gonna end badly for whatever evil entity is in the way. (EXAMPLE, Ash rallying a whole army and winning) 

I'm guessing that once we get spoilers for 10 we'll know for sure where it's going

Thanks for the clips, everyone!   Taking talk about them to the new thread.
 
Here's the 7+ Ratings 

http://www.tv-recaps-reviews.com/2016/11/cable-live-7-ratings-october-17-23.html

The live ratings may be down but the show is doing very well in the 7+, i hope starz takes these into account then just how much it draws with live ratings. It may not be walking dead numbers but it sure as shit shows the audience is there for this show, i'm surprised it even made  on the first list !
 
Actually, The +7s are going down; 600k is good for a cume but they're off by around 100k viewers since episode 2.  

Compare and contrast; these are the ratings for the first episode of the season.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
Actually, The +7s are going down; 600k is very good but they're off by around 100k viewers since episode 2.  

Compare and contrast; these are the ratings for the first episode.

Still, it's good to see the show is still going strong even if 100k got knocked off.
 
Oh sure, and those viewers might pick it up again to binge later.

I wonder how many of them gave up the show after the up-the-butt scene. Which is an odd reason to completely drop the show but I know of several people who did. I can only shrug!
 
Episode 9 synopsis is out! Serious spoiler! I wouldn't read it if you like a certain character. They really are going Game of Thrones style this season.

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Ash, distraught about losing Pablo is determined to bring him back! Ruby and Kelly tag along as they travel back in time to make sure Young Ash never sees the Necronomicon. But the butterfly effect they create is something no one can believe![/font]
 
Kain said:
Episode 9 synopsis is out! Serious spoiler! I wouldn't read it if you like a certain character. They really are going Game of Thrones style this season.

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Ash, distraught about losing Pablo is determined to bring him back! Ruby and Kelly tag along as they travel back in time to make sure Young Ash never sees the Necronomicon. But the butterfly effect they create is something no one can believe![/font]

Wow.

This could actually be really interesting. Travelling back in time to the events of the original movie(s) is something I was thinking about a while back, because by doing this, you can actually use the "shattered timeline" plot card and with it explain all the inconsistencies from the movies (Ash arriving to cabin with his friends / only Linda, him being a hero from the past / being captured by King Arthur etc.). I mean, sure, it sounds kind of comic-booky and you don't really need to do that, since all the inconsistencies are part of the charm of the original trilogy, but if done right, it could really offer an interesting twist on this.

Also I don't really think they'll gonna kill off Pablo for good. Or maybe I don't wanna believe it...? 
 
I bet they'll do something cheesy where they have

Pablo comes back as a super-human powered by the Necronomicon and that's how they defeat Baal.
 
Kain said:
I bet they'll do something cheesy where they have

Pablo comes back as a super-human powered by the Necronomicon and that's how they defeat Baal.


#PabloExMachina
 
Hurley said:
Kain said:
I bet they'll do something cheesy where they have

Pablo comes back as a super-human powered by the Necronomicon and that's how they defeat Baal.


#PabloExMachina

Ray mentioned somewhere that his favorite kill this season involved everyone in the group, so i have a feeling were going to be seeing the whole group taking down BAAL and it not just being pablo that does it. Overall i'm very much looking forward to seeing what there gonna be doing with pablo for these final episodes, pretty pumped for it to be honest !
 
All we're missing is episode 10 spoilers at this point!
 
The preview for episode 7 look like a dirty gritty AvED with a mix of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Bubba Ho-Tep thrown in for good measure with the camera work. 

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7-LKE7cD1w[/video]
 
Well, the good news is that the ratings rebounded slightly from last week (possibly because word got around about Ellen's cameo?)  The number is a 0.13 with [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]330k.   Which puts it at #98 this week.[/font]
 
Top Bottom