[CLOSED] Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Kain said:
Bruce is a pothead confirmed:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2QZ7PqxxWY[/video]

"This is my DOOBSTICK!"

Haha love it  :P
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Shotgun. If Bruce invited you to a cabin to partake in a little doobage would you actually join him? I mean all of the people who have been close enough to him to fire one up end up being killed.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Swofty said:
MaidOfKandar said:
@Nick - that's all there is to the spoiler; no one else has said anything more about it and that's the only place it's appeared.  

To me this is evidence that the Pablo stuff is all button-pushing, an intentional attempt at gaining controversy.  I think there's a huge difference between bloody artistic expression and even the tree rape scene (which Sam and Bruce have repeatedly said was included because rape is a horrific crime to them) and running around trying to get lower-common denominator controversy like the dumb race jokes and the stuff in the spoiler.

It's also pretty endemic of the fact that nobody seems to know what the show is about.  Is it a 'greasy meatloaf comfort food sandwich' for people who hated the remake and want Ash back?  Or has it realized that it needs to find new, discomforting buttons to push in the American psyche?  Is it a 'horror sitcom' or is it a 'drama with witty moments'?   Is it a story with strong, independent female characters of a Place of Manly Men?  Is it all of these things and thus none of these things and therefore incredibly confused tonewise?

Re Paleyfest: either the buzz is starting to wear out or the Paley crowd and TED don't mix.  Or the tickets are prohibitively expensive. It's less than a week to the panel, it should be sold out by now.

Maybe it's all of these things ? ..  I'm sure if anyone can or should do it, then it should be the originators of the series. Either way, just because of the very nature of the internet, there's going to be a backlash against it however good or bad it's going to be .. but as long as it's Sam's, Bruce's and Rob's baby, it's going to be the real deal. This is going to be there last swan song so I hope they're also making it just for there own enjoyment as well as for ours ... we all saw George Lucas say f**k it you ungrateful bastards at the end and then sell Star Wars to Disney .. I think they're just having a last bit of fun on their own terms ..

It can be all of these things and still fail, no matter who's at the helm (and apparently Bruce was the one at the helm on set).  I don't know; I'd call "Evil Dead the Musical" the real deal, and that's emphatically not their baby but still part of the franchise.  I loathe the remake and that was, so to speak, their baby too.  Also if this does well they've suggested they'll try a movie or two after this, so it's not a swan song by any means.  Basically, anything can happen.

Pothead Bruce was confirmed eighty million years ago; it's been an open secret for ages but now that it's legal where he lives he neeever stops talking about the stuff. ;)  And no, I wouldn't smoke up with Bruce because pot does zip for me.

ETA: Kevin Smith will be hosting the NYCC AvED panel discussion.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

*Post below is me grasping at straw's*


I've been thinking a lot recently about pablo's character and his shaman heritage, i looked up the definition and the stuff they can do and i can already tell pablo is gonna play a major role towards the end of this season, ( Shaman "a person regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of good and evil spirits, especially among some peoples of northern Asia and North America. Typically such people enter a trance state during a ritual, and practice divination and healing." ) if i am correct pablo could be the one that suggests they take kelly to a brujo that saves kelly from the demon that possess her and he saves ash in the finale with a shaman like ritual . Pablo is basically sam from evil dead regeneration if you think about it.  :D  

the press have been getting kits sent out to them, this includes a pop out book !

https://instagram.com/p/8i-OhrTOQm/


and there already setting up the trailer aswell

https://twitter.com/Chainsaw_Master/status/651795686925668354
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

MaidOfKandar said:
ETA: Kevin Smith will be hosting the NYCC AvED panel discussion.

I'm listening to Smith's Fatman on Batman potcast for months, partly still waiting if he's gonna mention Ash vs Evil Dead at some point, but still nothing. And now he's gonna host its panel? Awesome. :)
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Hurley said:
MaidOfKandar said:
ETA: Kevin Smith will be hosting the NYCC AvED panel discussion.

I'm listening to Smith's Fatman on Batman potcast for months, partly still waiting if he's gonna mention Ash vs Evil Dead at some point, but still nothing. And now he's gonna host its panel? Awesome. :)

Ha ! .. that'll be an entertaining show. I've still got a Silent Bob inaction figure from the mid 90's and it stands on one of my Evil Dead collection shelves guarding it. I'm more than happy that they've chosen Smith.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

RE the press kit: it's getting to the point where I just want these pictures without the photoshop frippery.  It's a very cool idea though!

Re Pablo

I think Pablo will be smarter than Ash gives him credit for - but I also think that all this shaminsim stuff falls under the Magical POC Tope and I still find it irritating. It's clear he's going to be the Wiseman in this version of canon.  I think it's safe to assume that him saving Kelly is what turns their friendship into romance.


Re footage: most of the new stuff starts at 0:11!
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Here's a full look at the pop up book.

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/652203712908165121

And bruce apparently has a special treat for us this Saturday (assuming it's a brand new trailer chalk full of new footage).

https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/652225922439979013
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Pop up book looks rad:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-40Q7TQA3VI[/video]
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Nice. Pop up books are always cool I just hope that if someone tries to translate the pages from the Necronomicon it doesn't cause any problems with Deadites popping up.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I need to have this pop up book! How the hell am I going to get one is a whole other thing though...
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Hopefully they'll be giving them away at Paleyfest  :-/
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

@Joe - my best guess is either a full clip, a new trailer, or he thinks no one knows about the Kevin Smith reveal.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Kevin's got the 'bounce' to make this worth a fun listening to, and even when he's not trying to be funny, he's always on the ball.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

NEW INFO AND NEWS DUMP 

So the people over at tv guide got to see a advanced screening today with bloody mary's, there apparently started up there promotional tour and will be getting more screening tweets so be on the look out on twitter for more screener reactions.

Source : https://twitter.com/TVGuideMagazine/status/652507072915972096


Press kits including the first 2 ep's (lucky bastards  :@ )

CQ6TxIHUsAES-o3.jpg


That's pretty much it for today, keep a eye out on the #ashvsevildead and Ash vs evil dead feeds on twitter for any more info during the afternoon tomorrow.

BONUS

here's a detailed look at the pop up book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OqjmMq2G14
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Here's a periscope that actually shows whats inside the other book with some quotes and plenty of new pictures aswell. (he goes through it at the end of the video)

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ynJOQPdqWQKR
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Swofty said:
Kevin's got the 'bounce' to make this worth a fun listening to, and even when he's not trying to be funny, he's always on the ball.

I never was a fan of Kevin Smith as his shtick has just gotten really stale over the years, and I'm not sure why they didn't get someone who is more interested in the Evil Dead. He could make it fun, and he could make it a horrific trainwreck as he is better suited for comic book related stuff. I'm sure he will constantly talk about his buddies.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Sheesh, I bust my balls on my website but we can't get these. Kain and I need some press kits stat.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

For those of you who are on Facebook Bruce Campbell now has his own. https://www.facebook.com/groovybruce Along with Lucy Lawless https://www.facebook.com/Lucy-Lawless-908283809264784


Elise41 said:
Sheesh, I bust my balls on my website but we can't get these. Kain and I need some press kits stat.

While we are at it I don't do shit here, and I still want one. Who has the hookup?!? Btw, I'm not opposed to meeting them in a dark ally in the seedy part of town for the exchange.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom