- Joined
- Mar 31, 2013
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]
Starz is saying the panel is going uploaded on the official site at some point!
Starz is saying the panel is going uploaded on the official site at some point!
Joem1k said:While we wait on the panel to be uploaded, here's a interview conducted by marvel
(love the chemistry going on with the cast members espesically with ray,dana and bruce)
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDzJDQcsXSw[/video]
Is it just me or does Bruce seem pissed up in this clip ? ... I haven't got any problem with that either way although he does seem to be a bit out of it.
MaidOfKandar said:@Swofty - Bruce is always like that at events/when he's on, it more looks like the rest of the cast is angry and frustrated with him/embarrassed by him.
@Joe
Either they completely rewrote the role or this reviewer is blind to the show's faults, which is a strong possibility. The uber extravagant praise coming out that guy's pen kind of makes me side-eye him.
I'm also fairly sure it'll get a second season. TBH it'd have to pull below a 1.0 to not be considered for one, no way that's happening. Whether it falls off that far remains to be seen (My continued prediction is still 5 mil).
I MaidOfKandar said:I'm also fairly sure it'll get a second season. TBH it'd have to pull below a 1.0 to not be considered for one, no way that's happening. Whether it falls off that far remains to be seen (My continued prediction is still 5 mil for the debut that'll settle around a 2 mil). They're being blinded by those fifteen million views combined on the trailer (I think altogether it's up to 18 when you count in the yt trailer?). Take a look at what everything's gotten since, on the BTS reels and the secondary trailer - 200 k, maybe less. Intense initial curiosity doesn't always balance out to huge ratings.
MaidOfKandar said:Starz is saying the panel is going uploaded on the official site at some point!
Kain said:I MaidOfKandar said:I'm also fairly sure it'll get a second season. TBH it'd have to pull below a 1.0 to not be considered for one, no way that's happening. Whether it falls off that far remains to be seen (My continued prediction is still 5 mil for the debut that'll settle around a 2 mil). They're being blinded by those fifteen million views combined on the trailer (I think altogether it's up to 18 when you count in the yt trailer?). Take a look at what everything's gotten since, on the BTS reels and the secondary trailer - 200 k, maybe less. Intense initial curiosity doesn't always balance out to huge ratings.
I like your skepticism. I'm curious to see how much social media marketing will translate to actual views. Number of Facebook and Youtube followers/view usually aren't a good indicator or guarantee how well something will do in the real world.
MaidOfKandar said:@Joe: Really?! For how long? It's not trending in the US or Worldwide as of now; how high did it get? Got to the mid 6's during the trailer release from what I remember.
I'll hope that they rewrote the dialogue at this point, because Amanda and Pablo are the only people I'm coming close to liking.
We'll have to see how much we get footagewise when they release the first ten minutes in two weeks.
@Kain - In situations like this you have to compare it to something like American Horror Story or Scream Queens. Both have huge social capital with young people and trend high on Social media when they air, but AHS couldn't get over the 3.0 mark Wednesday for the debut of Hotel, and SQ is dying in the ratings because their young-skewing audience keeps DVRing and/or illegally torrenting it. I absolutely predict it's going to do well, but the reality of it being on paid cable is going to hamper it. the reality of the situation is going to be that people are going to happily bootleg, pay for it on ITunes it or marathon it at the end of the season/when it hits Netflix.
Nick el Ass said:Game of Thrones is another show that people talk about constantly, but pirate the shit out of when episodes air... and the sad part is that HBO and other channels are just not worth paying a wad of cash for when they have a couple of good shows on at the most. Starz from what I have seen has nothing else I'd watch so I will probably just pay to stream online.
"Look, we got a second season the minute there were 15 million views on Facebook for the trailer,” continued the fan-favorite actor. “That was our second season right there, I can tell you right now. They were like, ‘Got it! We know this show now!’ They were finally convinced of its following.”
MaidOfKandar said:[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]In fact, the premiere finds the Deadite-battling stock-boy enjoying sexual relations with a new lady friend who turns into a ghoul because — as we discover in flashback — a stoned Ash has previously read aloud from the Necronomicon to impress a previous female acquaintance. It is perhaps worth pointing out that all of this (and more!) occurs before the show’s opening title credit.[/font]
Sooo it's even worse than we thought. I refuse to believe that that's something Ash would do, and the woman-turns-into-Deadite-mid fuck thing is going to be squicky (wouldn't it be the same woman?).
Also Starz or whoever paid for these fanboy reviews should've sloshed less money around. This Geeks of Doom review basically covers everything that happens in the pilot and is filled with spoilers, but it's also barely professional; when you literally have a journalist going "who cares about this plot point?!GOOORE" you're not doing your job, you're fanboying.
My guess that they're going to pack too much shit into the pilot looks right on the money.